Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Lemon Curd
This pressure cooker Lemon Curd recipe is an easy way to make the sweet and tangy dessert topping.
Servings 12 people
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon juice from fresh lemons
- 6 Tablespoon unsalted butter softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup water* for IP
Place egg yolks, eggs, sugar, and salt into large bowl and beat for 1 minute with hand mixer, until eggs and sugar well mixed. Then and in lemon juice. Mix for 1 minute more. Then stir in butter pieces.
Pour into an oven safe container. Cover container lightly with foil.
Pour 1 cup of water in Pressure Cooker. Place pan on top of trivet.
Close the Pressure Cooker and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, then natural release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remianing pressure.
Remove Lemon Curd mixture from the Pressure Cooker and whisk until thickened, for about 1 minute. Allow the mixture to cool until room temperature, then place in the fridge to continue cooling, for about 4 hours.
Your mixture will thicken while refrigerating and will be ready to serve at that time.
- Most lemon curd recipes call for using grated lemon peel and then straining the curd after cooking. I opt to skip the peel so I don’t have to strain the curd afterward.
- Lemon curd will last on your fridge for 1-2 weeks or it can be frozen up to 3 months.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 258IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg