Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage
This buttered Instant Pot Cabbage is easy and delicious and can be made right in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. It’s one of our favorite ways to eat cabbage.
Servings 4 people
- 1 head of cabbage chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
Add chicken broth and butter into instant pot insert. Add chopped cabbage to the top. Close lid, ensuring that valve is set to "Sealing"
Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Once done, press Cancel on Instant Pot. Quick release by slowly moving valve to "Venting." Once all pressure is released, open lid.
Stir cabbage. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- This recipe was prepared in a 6Qt Instant Pot Duo.
- You can substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth. You can also omit the butter, but then it wouldn't be buttered cabbage.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- I highly recommend investing in a good black pepper grinder. There is nothing like fresh ground pepper.