Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
This Cheesy Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti is a delicious easy meal that is perfect for weeknights. Make restaurant quality pasta all in one pot.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Other 15 minutes
Total Time 31 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dry basil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz thin spaghetti broken in half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Select Sauté on your Instant Pot. Once Instant Pot says “HOT”, add your butter and melt it.
Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic and stir. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
Add red bell pepper, seasoned salt, paprika, basil, red pepper flakes and stir. Press “Cancel” on Instant Pot.
Lay chicken breast pieces in layer in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in chicken broth. Spread spaghetti noodles in Instant Pot. Push down so it gets covered by liquid. Place lid on Instant Pot, ensuring that the valve is set to “Sealing.”
Press "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" and select High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Once timer is done, do a quick release by moving valve to “Venting”. Open lid and stir to loosen up noodles. Add heavy cream and cheese and continue to stir.
Press “Cancel” and then select Sauté. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring to thicken the sauce.
Notes on Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Some of your noodles will stick together after pressure cooking. You must stir like a champion as soon as you open that lid to make them break apart.
- Some Instant Pot recipes that use heavy cream add the heavy cream before pressure cooking. It does work in some recipes and can and did work in this one. However, after testing it out both ways, I preferred to add the heavy cream in this recipe afterwards.
- Your pasta will look watery when you open it. I do recommend sautéing it for 3-5 minutes after you have added all your ingredients, remembering to stir so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Your sauce will also thicken when it’s done cooking.
Calories: 671kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1800IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 1.8mg