Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
This easy and delicious Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce is the perfect way to prepare shrimp in your Air Fryer. The shrimp is perfectly cooked and dipped in Sweet Thai Chili Sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined with tail on
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Oil for spraying
Clean and dry shrimp. Set aside.
Grab 3 bowls. Place flour in one bowl. Place beaten egg in the second bowl. Combine coconut, breadcrumbs, salt, and black pepper in the third bowl.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. This should take about 3 minutes.
Dip each shrimp in flour, then egg, then coconut mixture, ensuring shrimp is covered on all sides during each dip.
Place shrimp in single layer in Air fryer basket that has been greased.
Lightly spray the shrimp with oil and then close the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 4 minutes.
After 4 minutes, open air fryer basket and flip shrimp over. Spray shrimp again, close air fryer basket, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove shrimp from basket and serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Enjoy :)
- Vegetable oil, olive oil, or avocado oil can be used for spraying.
- If using parchment liners, do not place liners in air fryer during preheating. Place shrimp evenly on liners before starting Air fryer. This avoids the liner from flying up into the heating element.
- Make sure shrimp are in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may have to cook shrimp in batches to ensure even cooking and crispiness.
Tools Used for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 367mg | Sodium: 1525mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2.4% | Vitamin C: 5.6% | Calcium: 18.7% | Iron: 22.7%