How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Fresh or Frozen)
These Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are easy to make from fresh or frozen. Here are all the tips and tricks to get perfect crispy wings each and every time.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 lbs chicken wings fresh or frozen
- Favorite seasoning dry rub or sauce
Fresh Chicken Wings
Dry your chicken wings.
Place your wings in the Air Fryer basket.
Close the Air Fryer basket and cook the wings on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes shaking every 5-7 minutes. Cook until wings are desired crispiness and at least have a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once wings are cooked, place in a large bowl and season with your favorite dry rub or sauce. If using a sauce toss the wings in the sauce and place back in the air fryer for 2 minutes on 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the wings and toss in sauce again.
Frozen Chicken Wings
Lay the frozen wings in the Air Fryer basket and start cooking on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes turning every 5-7 minutes.
Optional step: Halfway through cooking, remove the Air Fryer basket and drain the excess liquid. Make sure the basket is placed over a large bowl so you don’t leak chicken juice everywhere. Once all the liquid in the bottom of the basket has drained, return the basket to the base and start Air Frying again. Cook until wings are desired crispiness and at least have a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Toss in your favorite dry rub or sauce.
- The draining of the liquid is an optional step and it truly depends on the Air Fryer basket. In my Phillips Air Fryer, the wings can get crispy even with the additional liquid in the basket. However, in my Bella Pro Air Fryer, I have to drain the liquid to get it crispy.
- Wings need to cook to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Suggested Dry Rubs and Sauces
- Lemon Pepper
- BBQ (I used this brand from King of Foods in the video)
- Buffalo Sauce
Calories: 272kcal | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 191mg | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg