Creamed Cabbage and Sausage Recipe
This delicious creamed cabbage and sausage is a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal. Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes and all made in one skillet.
Servings 4 servings
- 6 oz smoked sausage chopped
- ½ medium green cabbage about 5 cups sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown sausage in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes or until the sausage is browned on the outside.
Add cabbage and stir until the cabbage has softened a little, about 5 minutes.
Add heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until heavy cream is reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat and add salt and pepper. Enjoy :)
- You can use red cabbage in place of white in this recipe if that's what you have, or even use a mixture of both.
- I typically use 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper when making this recipe.
- I prefer to use heavy cream in this recipe, but you can use half and half if you prefer.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 986IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg