Southern Boiled Peanuts (3 Different Flavors)
If you are in the mood for a delicious homemade snack, then you can't go wrong with these delicious Southern boiled peanuts. Choose from 3 different flavors.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb green raw peanuts
- 4 cups water
Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
- 3 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt or to taste
Salt and Vinegar Seasoning:
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2.5 cups apple cider vinegar*
Add peanuts in a large pot. Cover with water and seasonings, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow the mixture to simmer for 2-3 hours, until peanuts are softened.
Serve. Remove the shells before consuming.
Electric Pressure Cooker:
Add peanuts, water, and seasoning to the pressure cooker insert. Cover and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes, then allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure. Open and enjoy.
Add peanuts, water, and seasoning into slow cooker insert. Cover and allow to cook on low for 12-14 hours, or until the peanuts have softened.
- This recipe calls for green raw peanuts, which can be found in some supermarkets and farmers' markets during the growing season. If subbing with raw peanuts, you will need to cook the peanuts for longer. Raw peanuts take about 4 hours to soften and 90 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- For the salt and vinegar peanuts, reduce the amount of water to 1.5 cups to add to the 2.5 cups vinegar. You could also use vinegar powder instead if you don’t want your entire house smelling like vinegar.
- Do not eat the peanut shell. Place it in your mouth, suck off the flavor, bite the shell to remove the peanut, then spit out the shell. So easy :)