Juicy Ground Turkey Tacos
This Ground Turkey Taco meat is moist and full of flavor. With only a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have dinner ready in less than 20 minutes.
Servings 4 people
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 oz can tomatoes with chilies undrained
- 1 squeeze fresh lime juice
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, ground turkey meat, onion, and garlic to skillet. Stir and cook until the meat has broken up and fully browned.
Then add chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and the can of tomato and chilies. Stir to combine.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until the meat mixture is heated through. Squeeze fresh lime, about 1 tsp, over the meat mixture. Serve and enjoy :)
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, or avocado.
- This ground turkey taco meat is great for meal prep and freezes well.
- I used the 10-inch Mealthy stainless steel skillet for this recipe.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 682mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 717IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg