BBQ Black-Eyed Pea Dip
This BBQ Black-Eyed Pea dip is tangy and full of amazing flavor. Made with black-eyed peas and seasoned with bbq sauce, two kinds of cheese, and green chilies.
Servings 8 people
- 14 oz can black-eyed peas drained
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cut into small cubes
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 oz green chilies
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce
- 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese shredded and separated in half
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add drained black-eyed peas, drained tomatoes with green chilies, green chilies, bbq sauce, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and ½ cheese and stir until combined.
Pour into a 2 qt baking dish. Top with the remainder of cheddar cheese and bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Remove from oven and enjoy.
- This recipe is so much better with blocked cheddar cheese. It melts better than the pre-shredded kind in the bag. However, if you really need to sub pre-bagged cheese, I would just mix the cheese in the mixture and not spread it on the top before baking. Doing so will stop the cheese from clunking together.
- You can prep this dip and place it in the fridge before baking. To bake, remove from the fridge and allow it to get to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before placing it in the oven.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 766IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 259mg | Iron: 2mg