These easy strawberry muffins are the perfect treat! Made with fresh strawberries, these muffins come together quickly and easily with just a few staple ingredients.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 lb strawberries separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus 2 tsp for coating strawberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 12 muffin tins with paper liners, set aside.
Chop strawberries. Reserve ¼ cup of strawberries for topping the muffins. Mix the remaining strawberries in 2 tsp of flour. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, stir melted butter, greek yogurt, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk until thoroughly combined. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the flour coated strawberries.
Add the mixture to the muffin cups, about ⅓ cup for each muffin. Top the muffins with the reserved strawberries and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow muffins to cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Then remove and enjoy.
- Be sure to coat the strawberries with flour. This will help them to not sink to the bottom of the muffins.
- Check the muffins after 20 minutes of baking. If an inserted toothpick comes out clean, they are ready.
- Let the strawberry muffins cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg