Sautéed Beet Greens
These sautéed beet greens are a flavorful and tasty side dish that comes together quickly with just a handful of ingredients. This is such a delicious recipe to make the most of your beet greens!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch greens from 3-4 beets chopped into small pieces, stems and leaves separated
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in 10-in skillet over medium heat. Add beet stems and onion and sauté until stems and onion have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Stir in beet green leaves and chicken broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until beet greens have softened. Stir in apple cider vinegar and salt to taste.
- Be sure to wash the greens before chopping them to remove any dirt.
- If you can use organic beets that haven't been sprayed.
- The greens should be cooked on a medium heat. Don't cook them on a high heat or they could burn.
- Use vegetable broth to make this side dish vegan.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3163IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg