This delicious blueberry compote is a wonderful addition to any brunch, topped on waffles and pancakes, or use it to top desserts. Ready to use in 15 minutes and made with just a few simple ingredients.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup water + 1 Tbsp water separated
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
Add blueberries, lemon juice, zest of lemon, sugar and ½ cup water to a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, until the blueberries expand.
Create a cornstarch slurry by whisking 1 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch in a separate bowl. Slowly stir it into blueberries and allow the mixture to cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat. Enjoy.
- Mix the cornflour with the water before adding it to the fruit. If you add it straight in, it can become clumpy.
- If making ahead of time, let it cool before storing.
- Let the compote cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg