Flaky Air Fryer Donuts
These puff pastry air fryer donuts are wonderfully flaky and delicious! They are so quick and easy to make in the air fryer and require just 5 ingredients. Be warned, they are going to disappear quickly!
Servings 9 donuts and 9 donut holes
- 2 puff pastry sheets defrosted
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured countertop and brush egg on one side of each pastry.
Lay the pieces of puff pastry on top of each other, making sure the sides brushed with egg are touching each other. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove pastry from the freezer and use a donut cutter or two cookie cutters to cut out donut shapes.
Place in air fryer basket and cook on 330 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, until the pastry has risen and is browned a bit.
While the pastry is cooking, combine white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
Once the pastry is finished cooking, brush with melted butter and dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Serve and enjoy.
- Be sure to freeze the pastry together for at least 15 minutes.
- A large air fryer will be able to hold about 6 donuts at a time. Place remaining cut donuts in the refrigerator or freezer so they remain cold while the donuts are air frying.
- Preheat the air fryer for the most flakey donuts.
- The donuts should be placed in a single layer in the basket and not touching.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg