This baba ghanoush is a delicious creamy egg plant dip. Roast the eggplants in the oven or the air fryer for a simple and delicious dip that is so easy to make.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs eggplant about 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsps Tahini
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper optional
Poke holes in the eggplant and roast in air fryer or oven.
Air Fryer: place in air fryer basket and air fry on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until softened.
Oven: Preheat oven to 450 degrees and roast until softened, about 25-30 minutes.
Once eggplants are softened, remove from air fryer or oven and slice open and sit them up in a large bowl, allowing them to drain a little while the cool. Allow eggplants to cool for about 10 minutes.
Once cool, remove the insides of the eggplant with a spoon and place in a bowl. Try to avoid taking the seeds. Mash with a fork until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Mix in garlic cloves, tahini, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper if using.
Serve and enjoy.
- Eggplant is known for being bitter at times. If your baba ghanoush tastes bitter, add additional salt to temper the bitterness.
- To avoid bitterness, pick fresh and smaller eggplants. Large and older eggplants are known for being bitter.
- Seeds in eggplant are notorious for causing bitterness. Try to avoid adding the seeds to the dip. It’s ok if you get a few in there.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg