This easy shrimp Rasta pasta recipe is a delicious way to mix up your weeknight meals! This Caribbean style pasta is made with jerk seasoning and is loaded full of flavor.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 oz penne pasta about 2 dry cups
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp jerk seasoning separated
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 green onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup pasta water separated
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
Prepare pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and set aside ½ pasta cup pasta water.
Coat shrimp with 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
Set a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and add oil. Cook shrimp for 2-3 min per side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
Deglaze the pan by adding ¼ cup pasta water and use a wooden spoon to remove brown bits. Add peppers, green onions, and garlic to the pan and cook until slightly softened about 5 minutes.
Add remaining pasta water, heavy cream, and remaining jerk seasoning and simmer for about 3 minutes. Add pasta, spinach, and parmesan cheese and stir until coated.
Remove from heat and top with shrimp.
- Cook the pasta al dente. It will continue to cook once it's drained and when it's mixed into the sauce, so don't over cook it.
- Take care not to overcook the shrimp. They only need a a couple of minutes each side and they can become rubbery if you cook them for too long.
Calories: 688kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 364mg | Sodium: 1451mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6553IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 552mg | Iron: 6mg