BBQ Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
These cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a delicious and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will loved. Cooked in tangy BBQ sauce, the filling is loaded with flavor!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil separated
- 4 bell peppers cut in half, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 lb ribeye steak sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 Oz white mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup french fried onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400.
Place a ½ Tbsp olive oil in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and spread over the bottom. Add peppers, cut side down into the platter. Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the peppers have softened.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
Remove mushrooms and onions from skillet, add steak in a single layer, and cook until browned, about 1-2 minutes each side.
Remove from heat and add ingredients back to the pan, along with bbq sauce. Stir to combine.
When peppers are done, remove from the oven. Fill peppers with steak mixture and top each pepper with cheese and fried onions. Place in oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Take care not to over cook the steak or it can become chewy.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce or make your own.
- I like to use a mixture of green and red bell peppers, but you can use any colors you like.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 766mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 4034IU | Vitamin C: 155mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 3mg