Air Fryer Whole Chicken (Peruvian Style)
This Peruvian Air Fryer Whole Chicken is covered in a delicious marinade and then Air Fried. It has crispy flavorful skin and juicy meat. It’s the perfect Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken.
Servings 4 people
- 4-5 lb chicken giblets removed
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
Blend marinade ingredients in food processor until smooth. Set aside.
Wash and dry chicken. Rub all over chicken, including under the skin and on the inside. Allow chicken to marinate for 6-24 hours, the longer the better.
Place in Air Fryer, breast side down. Cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Open Air Fryer basket and flip chicken. Then cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 more minutes.
Your chicken is done when a quick read thermometer in thickest part of chicken registers at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Allow chicken to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- You will need a larger size Air Fryer to make this whole chicken.
- You could also use this marinade on chicken pieces if you cannot fit a whole chicken in your Air Fryer. Just make sure the pieces are in a single layer so they can get crisp.
- You can sub your favorite seasoning for this whole chicken. Cook times will remain the same.
- This chicken goed great with this Peruvian Green Sauce recipe.
Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 1532mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3.7mg