Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
Making homemade salsa is so easy and the results are delicious and full of fresh flavor. All you need is a blender, a few ingredients, and some tortilla chips for dipping.
Servings 12 people
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes drained
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- ½ red onion about ½ cup
- 1 jalapeño seeded and roughly chopped*
- Juice of 1 lime about 2 Tbsp
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- A handful of cilantro about ½ cup chopped
Add your ingredients to the blender, placing the onion and jalapeño on the bottom.
Press the “Pulse” button on your blender until the desired consistency is reached. Do not simply put the blender on the blend or your salsa may liquify too much.
You can serve your salsa immediately or place it in the fridge for about an hour to allow those flavors to mend together.
*For a really spicy salsa, you can leave a few of the jalapeño seeds in.
- This recipe makes about 4 cups of salsa.
- This salsa should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This homemade salsa will last about a week in your refrigerator.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg