This Easy Sangria Recipe is not only delicious, but it’s made with clean and organic wine. Yes, wine can be tasty and healthy too.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
This post is sponsored by Thrive Market. All comments and opinions are my own.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
My favorite season is on the horizon…SUMMER! I’m all for warm sun, outdoor parties, and refreshing drinks. One of my favorite drinks to dive into in the summer is a good sangria recipe, especially for when I’m hosting guest at my house. Whether red or white, sangria is my jam and I’m always down to make a pitcher.
For this Sangria recipe, I’ve used a clean organic wine from Thrive Market. Yep, you read that right…there is such a thing as clean organic wine…and it’s delicious ya’all.
If you’re wondering what clean wine is, it’s basically made from organically, biodynamically, or sustainably farmed grapes. It has no added sugar or unnecessary additives, and minimal sulfites. I not only feel fancy when holding a glass, but I also feel better knowing I’m not putting a ton of harmful chemicals in my body.
Since I try to incorporate healthy alternatives in other parts of my diet, I figured making sure my wine is clean and organic would be a smart move. Thrive Market wines are sourced for low environmental impact, handpicked for amazing taste, and is affordably priced.
My Thrive Market wine order came with 6 organic wines pictured below:
These bottles are:
- Chateau du Cedre Malbec Cahors France 2015
- Bodegas Familia Bastida Cibolo Monastrell Spain 2016
- Costalarbol Red Blend Rioja Spain 2017
- Tour Des Gendres Bergerac Sec Blanc France 2017
- Domaine Grand Ribe Cotes Du Rhone France 2017
- Costanino Arin Grillo Italy 2017
For this Sangria recipe, I used my Costalarbol bottle from Spain.
Great thing is that Thrive Market has a wide selection of organic wines. You can check out their full selection of clean wines.
Now about this Sangria…
Sangria is composed of a few main ingredients:
- A good and tasty wine
- Fresh fruit juice
- Fresh fruit
Some people add Brandy and even sugar. But this Sangria needed neither. The wine was so tasto on it’s own and the only thing it needed to taste like a traditional Sangria was a little citrus and peach. But if you like a stronger drink, adding a little Brandy won’t hurt.
How to Make Sangria with clean wine?
First, juice 2 large oranges until you get about 1 cup. I do this by hand with my juicer and it doesn’t take long at all.
Slice up 1 orange, 2 peaches, and 1 lime.
Pour your bottle of wine and orange juice in a large pitcher. Add in your fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow your flavors to mend. Serve and Enjoy 🙂
Pro Tips for Easy Sangria Recipe:
- If you want to impress your guest (or yourself), you’ll want to freeze some wine cubes ahead of time. Fact is, Although Sangria is served chilled, if you add ice made with water to keep it cold, you Sangria will get water downed. No one wants watered down Sangria. Freezing the wine in ice cubes ahead of time is a great way to keep your Sangria chilled without watering it down.
- Have fun with the fruits and try different kinds.
Other Drink Recipes:
Easy Red Sangria Recipe with Clean Wine
- 1 750ml Bottle of Red Wine Preferably from Spain
- 3 large oranges
- 2 peaches
- 1 lime
- Squeeze the juice from 2 Oranges. Set aside.
- Slice remaining orange, peaches, and lime.
- Add bottle of wine to a large pitcher. Add orange juice and top with sliced of orange, peaches, and lime. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to mend.
- Serve and Enjoy 🙂
- Consider freezing wine ahead of time in ice cubes tray to add to Sangria to keep it chilled.
- Add a splash of Brandy if you like 🙂