This Jamaican Rum Punch Recipe is the perfect drink for when you want a taste of the islands. It’s delicious and refreshing and the perfect drink to bring you to the Caribbean. This post is meant for an audience 21 and over.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Oh Jamaica! Jamaica! How I miss thee! I’ve got to say that I loved growing up in a Jamaican household and I love everything about Jamaica, especially the food! Which is why I really should share more Jamaican recipes with you all. Noted! More Caribbean recipes to come in the future will be added to my Caribbean recipes page. But for now, I must share this Jamaican rum punch recipe with you.
So what’s in a Jamaican Rum Punch?
- Good Jamaican Rum – I use dark and white rum, Myers’s and Wray & Nephew.
- Jamaican fruit punch syrup – You can find this in specialty stores, but it’s just flavored syrup. You can use grenadine as a substitute.
- Delicious juices – Orange, pineapple, and lime give this tropical drink so much flavor.
- Sparkling wine – an optional addition if you like your drink to have a little fizz.
I sometimes add sparkling wine to my punch because I’m a huge fan. This recipe is delish, with or without it.
How to make Jamaican Rum Punch
Add your ingredients to a pitcher and stir. Serve over ice. It’s as simple as that.
Can I make this drink one serving?
Absolutely! I’ve included the full amounts in the recipe card if you are serving punch for a crowd. For one serving, you need the following amounts:
- 2.5 ounces of pineapple juice
- 2 ounces of orange juice
- 1.5 ounces of dark rum
- 1.5 ounces of white rum
- 1.5 ounces fruit punch syrup
- a squeeze of lime juice
Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake the ingredients. Pour it into a single serving glass.
What’s the best rum to use in rum punch?
For this Jamaican version, I suggest using Jamaican rum. I suggest using Jamaican Appelton Rum or Myers’s rum as the dark rum in this punch. For the white rum, I suggest Wray & Nephew. Be warned, Wray & Nephew is nice and strong, so reduce the amount if you need to.
This drink is perfect for a crowd and super easy to prepare. I hope you love this drink recipe as much as we do.
What food should I serve with this rum punch?
How to store rum punch, and how long does it last?
Store rum punch in the refrigerator without any ice. It will last for 3-4 days.
Other Drink Recipes
Jamaican Rum Punch
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup fruit punch syrup
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Mix it all in your favorite pitcher and enjoy over ice 🙂
- Fruit Punch flavored syrup is hard to find in some grocery stores in the States. I found mine at an International Grocery Store. I use Grace Fruit Punch Syrup. Grenadine or Strawberry flavored syrup would work as a good substitute.
- If adding sparking wine, use about 1/2 cup.
- Suggested Tools
Pin this Rum Punch for Later
This post was originally published June 7, 2018. It has been updated with new helpful information and photos.