This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
This Baked Italian Chicken with Mushrooms recipe is quick, easy, and flavorful. Perfect for those days when you’re in need of a quick dinner fix with very little fuss.
Alrighty, enough of my complaints...let me get to the point of this post, this Italian Chicken with Mushrooms recipe. Busy months require recipes like this...when you can come home, put the ingredients in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, and BAM, dinner is ready. No more whining from the kid and no more pouting from the hubby about when dinner will be served.
So in a nutshell, these are all the ingredients you will need to make this Italian Chicken, except for the chicken broth. Again, I was super busy and I'm surprised I had the brain cells to grab my camera and take this photo. No worries, I'll remember to list it as an ingredient below.
The recipe for this Italian Mushroom Chicken is pretty simple and involves minimal chopping and stirring. Check out my dish before being placed in the oven.
And after with one stir in the oven.
There you have it. Simple, easy Italian Chicken and Mushroom dinner. I like to serve this with plain white rice so it can soak up all the juices. Here's a few notes about the dish:
- Always remember to check to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked by checking with a quick read meat thermometer. I'm super paranoid when it comes to chicken, you should be too, but I also hate overcooked chicken breast. That chicken should reach a internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before you take it out that oven. You can buy one like this one, Instant Read MEAT Thermometer - Best Quick Read Digital Cooking Thermometer for All Food, Meat, Turkey, Grill, BBQ, Smoker, Kitchen and Candy - LCD Screen, Long Probe
- Feel free to thicken the sauce if it's too watery for you. I like my gravy with this dish watery, hubby likes it a bit thicker. Depending on my mood, I'll sometimes thicken it by removing the chicken when done, adding the liquid to a pot on the stove, adding 1 Tablespoon corn starch and 1 Tablespoon water to a small bowl, whisking to combine to make a slush, and then adding to the sauce, whisking while I add.
- Searing the chicken breast on the stove top before baking sounds like a grand idea. I love searing before baking because FLAVOR!!! Yes, searing meats does add an immense amount of flavor but honestly, this dish has so much flavor that I don't find this step necessary. Admittedly, I haven't tried searing it first but next time I make this for dinner, I will.
- This sounds like a great idea for a crock pot meal. I haven't tried making it in a crockpot yet because it's generally reserved for those nights I come home and forgot to even think about dinner. I'd imagine the chicken would fall apart and could be shredded. That sounds amazing over rice.
Here are the recipe deets for this easy, delicious, (and lazy) Baked Italian Mushroom Chicken. As always, I hope you Enjoy :)
Baked Italian Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flatten chicken breast.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Place chicken, onions, and mushrooms in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine Italian dressing, chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Pour over chicken,
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked. Enjoy :)
Looking for more easy chicken recipes?
Zucchini Chicken and Mushrooms
Instant Pot Copycat NY Street Cart Chicken
Friday 28th of January 2022
Floured & browned chicken first. Waaaay too much Worcester sauce & Italian dressing. Used 1/2 & still Worcester sauce too much. Added parsley & oregano. Added some flour at end to have a sauce
Tuesday 10th of April 2018
Wanted to make this but no recipe is attached
Tuesday 10th of April 2018
Hi Diane, I'm so sorry about that. I was doing website updates when you visited. The recipe is available now :)
Saturday 3rd of March 2018
This is an amazing dish. Simple, easy to make and delicious. I doubled the mushrooms which reduced and thickened the sauce somewhat. The only thing I'm going to change and try next time is to add a 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon of herbs province....I think that the dressing and chicken stock combo can handle that. I'd definitely serve it to guests at a dinner party paired with some nice whites.
Sunday 4th of March 2018
So glad you liked it! I like your modification suggestions.
Wednesday 6th of September 2017
Made this tonight my 17 year old loved it thank you My only sub was I had no Worcestershire and used a soy miso dressing