If you are wondering how to make the perfect air fryer steak than look no further. This method of cooking steak in the air fryer provides perfect juicy steak each and everytime. This post may contain affiliate links, read my full disclosure here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I only had the intention of making fried foods when I purchased my Air Fryer. Little did I know how amazing this appliance was and that it could make much more than fried food.
I already used it to make chicken for my Healthier General Tso’s Chicken in the Air Fryer and I used it often for roasting vegetables, but that was it. Then I discovered that my air fryer could make juicy steak.
Well to be fair, it wasn’t my discovery…I was scrolling through Facebook and someone posted a picture of a beautiful ribeye they had prepared in their air fryer.
I was so in awe and excited about steak in the air fryer that I couldn’t wait to tell my husband. I expected him to be just as shocked and in awe as I was but apparently he already knew that the air fryer could cook steak.
Unbeknownst to me, there is a picture of a steak with cooking times right on the side of my air fryer. I guess I’m not that observant. Either way, I was determined to make steak in my air fryer and I went out and bought a ribeye that very same day.
I followed the directions as indicated on my air fryer and I was amazed at how simple and easy it was to make a beautiful steak in the air fryer. I actually felt kind of bad because it really takes no skill at all to create the perfect steak when it’s cooked in the air fryer. It’s now my go to way to prepare steak.
Top your steaks with my homemade garlic butter that can be whipped up easily and can go on many dishes including fish, bread, and vegetables. I like to create more than we need for our steaks and save the rest for later in the fridge. I would eat the stuff by the spoonful if I could.
Many people will read this and wonder why even bother making a steak in the air fryer. Yes, steaks on the grill are amazing and a cast iron steak is also a good alternative but there are many reasons why some may choose to cook steak in an air fryer.
- Your steak gets cooked perfectly every time. Since the air fryer is operated in a small space with a fan, the heat temperature is consistent. This means everytime you decide to make a steak, it will be cooked at the perfect temperature and come out just the way you want it so long as you follow your time settings.
- It’s a hands off dinner. I literally season my steaks, place them in the air fryer, and flip when my halfway timer goes off. There is no need for me to watch it. This comes in handy when I’m going back and forth between my kitchen and my dining room to help my daughter with her homework.
- The stove/grill isn’t always available. My husband does all the grilling in our house and his steaks are AMAZING but it’s not always grill weather. Also, my stove top steaks always get finished in the oven, which can make the house hot. With the air fryer, everything gets done in the air fryer basket and you don’t have to worry about the whole house getting hot.
The beauty about air fryer steak is that you can make different cuts in the air fryer. I’ve made delicious filet mignon, skirt steak, and ribeye. Just remember to adjust cooking times based on thickness of steak and doneness preference.
If you’re looking for a place to get awesome steaks and other meats, try Butcher Box. They are a meat delivery service specializing in grass fed and organic meats. You can check out my unboxing of my first meat order on Facebook and my 9 month review of ButcherBox.
Perfect Air Fryer Steak
- 2 8 oz Ribeye steak
- freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil*
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare Garlic Butter by mixing butter, parsley garlic, worcestershire sauce, and salt until thoroughly combined.Place in parchment paper and roll into a log. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steak from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Rub a little bit of olive oil on both side of the steak and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.Grease your Air Fryer basket by rubbing a little bit of oil on the basket. Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once preheated, place steaks in air fryer and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.*Remove from air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Top with garlic butter.
- 125°F for rare
- 135°F for medium rare
- 145°F for medium
- 150°F for medium well
Equipment for the Perfect Air Fryer Steak
- Calibrated Instant Read Thermometer (Best on the market to read a temperature in 2-3 seconds)
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
You may also like…