This Mini Spinach & Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe is perfect for any weeknight dinner. Enjoy it with a side of mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Oh for the love of meatloaf! Well, for the love of mozzarella stuffed meatloaf. Add some spinach to it and it’s the perfect combo.
Our household loves meatloaf but the typical meatloaf requires a big hunk of meat be baked in an oven for an entire hour. That’s a super long time if you’re making it for a weeknight dinner. It’s definitely not worth it if all you’ll hear for an entire hour is “is it done yet” and “let’s just order pizza, I’m starving.” Dang on hubby and kid.
These mini meatloafs come together in a breeze and only require a 25-30 minute bake time. The advantage of making any dish in mini form is usually less cooking time. Plus, these meatloafs are just so darn cute!
Speaking of cute, did you get a chance to watch the New Edition Story on BET?? Oh my gosh, amazing!!!! I’ve always loved New Edition. “Can you stand the rain” “Mr. Telephone Man” and “If it isn’t love” are some of my favorite songs of all time. Let’s just say that my house and car have been blasting all the hits since it aired. I sure hope they put it on DVD because I am buying.
I sure hope you all enjoy this mini meatloaf stuffed with mozzarella and spinach recipe as much as my family does. Such an easy way to incorporate veggies and cheese in a weeknight dinner. Check out the video below for further instructions. As always, Enjoy 🙂
Notes on Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf Stuffed
- You will need a muffin tin for these minis. Make sure to spray it with non stick cooking spray.
- Please, please, please use fresh mozzarella. It taste so good. It melts so good. It’s just that good.
- Make sure to squeeze out all the water from the defrosted frozen spinach. If you don’t, you may end up with a messy and odd meatloaf.
- These are great as leftovers. I would assume you could freeze them but we never have enough leftover to freeze.
- Make sure to check the meat with a quick read thermometer to ensure meat is thoroughly cooked. Ground beef should be cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Looking for more meatloaf recipes? Try my Air Fryer Meatloaf.
Mini Stuffed Meatloaf
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach defrosted
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices of mozzarella
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. Squeeze excess water from spinach and set aside. Add onion, garlic cloves, and parsley to food processor and process until smooth. Set aside. Add ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, eggs, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, and food processor mixture to a large bowl and mix with hands until incorporated. Break mixture in half and place half of mixture in muffin tin bottoms. Add spinach and slice of mozzarella cheese in each tin bottom, cover with remaining meat mixture.Make Topping Mixture and cover each mini meatloaf with mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
To Make Topping
- Combine ketchup, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar in bowl until incorporated.
Sunday 26th of January 2020
Is this an air fryer recipe?
Monday 27th of January 2020
hi Sandy, this recipe is for the oven but it can me modifed for the air fryer if need be.
Wednesday 6th of June 2018
This looks so good!!!!