This Sweet Chilli Thai Cucumber Salad is the perfect refreshing salad to go along any meal. Chop, chop, chop the veggies and herbs and let it marinate for a great salad.
Finally, a salad recipe! woo hoo! Although I am sure most readers don’t mind the baked goods, like this Mini Rum Carrot Cake or the comfort food like this Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Hehehe. But like everyone else, I’ve made a resolution to get more veggies in my diet. Now don’t get me wrong, we were doing pretty well with getting veggies in our diet but I know my hubby and baby girl were getting a wee bit tired of the same ol’ side salad with dinner every night. That’s where this cucumber salad comes about.
I was in the grocery store perusing the produce aisle because….well, it’s kind of fun looking at vegetables and herbs and sniffing them. Am I the only one that does this? Then I came across the cucumbers and picked some up because they were on sale. Anyone else buy produce just because it’s on sale? I initially planned on slicing these babies up and putting it on some lettuce with a whole lot of ranch dressing. Yummy! But I knew my family would want something a tad bit different.
I recalled seeing a cucumber salad recipe on the side of a Thai sweet chili bottle and decided that’s what needed to go on these cucumbers. I don’t recall Add the red onion, red peppers, cilantro, and lime juice and you have a winner winner.
I sure hope you enjoy this Sweet Chili Thai Cucumber Salad as much as we do. Until the next recipe…
Notes on Sweet Chili Thai Cucumber Salad
- This salad is great on it’s own, served as a side with your favorite savory dish.
- I love this salad on top of tacos with sour cream, super yum!
- Consider leaving the peel on when making this Sweet Chilli Thai Cucumber Salad. The majoirty of nutrients are in the peel of the cucumber, rich in Vitamin A and contributes to healthy eyes.
Looking for more salad recipes? Try these out:
Sweet Chilli Thai Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir. Refrigerate for about an hour to allow flavors to mend. Enjoy 🙂