Slightly spicy and creamy, everything you want in blackened chicken alfredo. Top with freshly grated parmesan, warm rolls, and a glass of wine. A perfect date night dinner!
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
This is such a quick and delicious meal, you’ll love it. Full disclosure, it has a good bit of ingredients but when you make this dish, you’ll realize every single ingredient was needed. From the homemade Alfredo sauce, to the pops of freshness the spinach and red pepper give.
Making your own Alfredo sauce is a lot easier, and much tastier than buying a jar of premade sauce. With the added blackened seasoning on the chicken, this isn’t just any chicken Alfredo, but kicked up a notch with those delicious blackening spices.
Ingredients For Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- Pasta – I used Fettuccini pasta for this recipe, but any pasta that can hold a nice creamy sauce will work, like penne and bowtie.
- Chicken breast – slice the breast in half for best results.
- Blackened seasoning – I use my homemade version. You can also use cajun seasoning in place of blackened.
- For the sauce – pasta water, heavy cream, parmesan cheese
- Other ingredients – Olive oil, unsalted butter, minced garlic, red bell pepper, baby spinach, and green onions.
- Large skillet
- Large pot for boiling noodles
How To Make Blackened Seasoning
I love to use my Homemade Blackened Seasoning, which is what I’ve used in this recipe. Blackened seasoning is a tasty combination of the following spices:
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Garlic powder
How To Make Blackened Chicken Alfredo
Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside ½ cup of pasta water.
Prepare your chicken breast by slicing them in half. You’ll want thin chicken breast for this recipe. Slicing them in half is much easier than pounding them thin.
Sprinkle chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of blackened seasoning, seasoning both sides.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breast to the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add butter, garlic cloves, and red bell pepper to the skillet and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the red peppers have softened.
Add pasta water, heavy cream, the remaining blackened seasoning, and spinach, and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese. Stir until coated.
Meanwhile, slice the cooked chicken and place it on top of the pasta. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy.
Storing Leftover Blackened Chicken Alfredo
Should you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat in a microwave, add about 1 Tablespoon of water to the pasta, cover with a damp paper towel, and reheat for about 1-2 minutes. This will allow the pasta to get creamy again.
I don’t recommend freezing this recipe, as the pasta and cheese will break down and separate.
What To Serve With Blackened Chicken Alfredo
There are some lovely veggies in this dish already, but you may enjoy serving your chicken alfredo up with some Air Fryer Green Beans or Brussels sprouts.
Enjoy a Kale and Broccoli Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing as a first course.
For dessert, this Easy Southern Peach Cobbler Cake is amazing!
- For a different option, substitute the chicken with seafood, like shrimp. You could also substitute the chicken for tofu for a meatless option.
- For a similar recipe, try my rasta pasta made with jerk seasoning and shrimp.
- Or try my Cajun Chicken Instant Pot Pasta Recipe for a one pot alfredo recipe.
Looking for more Chicken recipes? Try these out:
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 8 ounces Fettucini pasta
- 2 8 ounce Chicken breast sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons Blackened seasoning seperated
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Reserved pasta water *
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Green onions chopped, for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and set aside ½ cup of pasta water.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of blackened seasoning, seasoning both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breast to the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic cloves, and red bell pepper to the skillet and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the red peppers have softened.
- Add pasta water, heavy cream, the remaining blackened seasoning, and spinach, and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese. Stir until coated.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast and top the pasta with it. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy.
- For a different option, sub the chicken with seafood, like shrimp. You could also sub the chicken for tofu for a meatless option.
- I like to use my homemade blackened seasoning for this recipe.
Monday 23rd of January 2023
I’m assuming the blackened seasoning is made with an equal amount of each ingredient. I would have appreciated amounts listed as equal parts. This sounds felt. I will try the recipe. Beth
Tuesday 24th of January 2023
Hi Beth, the full blackened seasoning recipe with ingredients is listed here. https://www.myforkinglife.com/homemade-blackened-seasoning/