These honey mustard wings are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They are nice and crispy and covered in a delicious honey mustard sauce.
We love chicken wings around these parts and find ourselves making them more and more thanks to our Air Fryer. We’re always coming up with different sauces and rubs to put on them so it’s no surprise that honey mustard made the mix.
I originally made these wings for our New Years’ Eve celebration and hubby decided that these wings were so good that they deserved a page on the blog. I agreed so here they are.
How to make Honey Mustard Wings
First, you’ll need to cook your chicken wings. Now you can deep fry or bake your wings if you choose, but we love our air fryer for making chicken wings.
To Air Fry your wings, dry your chicken wings with paper towel and place your wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes, until your wings have reached your desired crispiness. Set aside.
Meanwhile, Make the Honey Mustard Sauce
While your wings are cooking, make the sauce by combining mustard, honey, hot sauce, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
I bet you’re asking “Hey Yo, why the mayo?”
Mayo makes the sauce a little creamy and provides a little bit of tango that isn’t overpowering.
When you’re chicken wings are done, toss them in the sauce.
Now you can serve your wings exactly like this if you prefer, but I like to give them a little char by placing those wings back in the air fryer basket and cooking for an additional 2-5 minutes.
Then I toss them in the sauce again before serving to get them extra saucy.
And there you have it, Honey Mustard Wings!
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make these wings by baking or frying them first. You can follow this recipe as a guide for baking chicken wings in the oven or you can follow this one for deep-fried wings.
- This honey mustard sauce is good on any part of the chicken.
- For a more thorough guide on cooking chicken wings in an air fryer, check out my how to make chicken wings from fresh or frozen blog post.
Saucy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Dry your chicken wings and place them in your Air Fryer basket.
- Close the Air Fryer basket and cook the wings on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes. Cook until wings are desired crispiness and have reached a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While wings are cooking, add dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper to a large bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
- When wings are done, remove them from the basket and toss them in the sauce.
- You may serve at this point or add the wings back to the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for an additional 2-5 minutes for a little more char.
- Add them back to the sauce and then serve.
- You can bake or fry your chicken first if you prefer and then cover in sauce.