These delicious Instant Pot Pork Chops are cooked in the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker and covered in a tangy delicious gravy that is full of flavor. These pork chops are the perfect one pot weeknight meal.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full affiliate disclosure here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
This pork chop recipe has been a family favorite for years. But initially, I made it in the oven and it called for my pork chops to be marinated overnight and a 1 hour bake in the oven. That’s great for me on Sundays but for weeknights, that just wasn’t going to happen.
So I modified this family favorite recipe to my Instant Pot and I love it even more. Same great flavor, but less time and effort.
Can you cook pork chops in a pressure cooker?
This was my first question I had when trying to convert this recipe. I had done my research initially, googling the above question but found mixed results among recipes. I realized a few things:
- Thick cut pork chops cooked better in the Instant Pot. Thin chops tended to overcook and become dry or rubbery. I always use thick cut boneless pork chops for this recipe. For thinner chops, reduce the cook time.
- Speaking of cook time, I found that an 8 minute pressure cooktime, 10 minute natural release for the perfect thick boneless pork chops. I initially tried a 10 minute cook time, and my pork chops were dry and overcooked. If you cook the meat too long, you risk having overcooked pork chops. I found 8 minutes was long enough for the pork chops to fully cook and stay moist.
- A 10 minute natural release worked best. A quick release is a no-no when cooking most meats in the instant pot. I let the pressure cooker naturally release for 10 minutes, then I release the remaining pressure.
How to make this pork chop recipe in your Instant Pot?
First, wash and dry your thick cut pork chops. Season both sides with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Press Sauté and select the “More” setting on your Instant Pot and wait for the display to say “Hot.” Then add your oil, then your chops. Sear over high heat for about 3 minutes each side, until browned.
Once pork chops are seared, remove them and set aside. Then add butter to the Instant Pot and allow it to melt. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic and stir with a wooden spoon until the onions and peppers have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the Instant Pot, ensuring that all the brown bits have been removed from the bottom. Then stir in thyme, hot sauce, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Place pork chops back in Instant Pot on top of the liquid.
Press “Cancel” on Instant Pot and cover with Instant Pot Pressure Cooker cover. Make sure the valve on the top of the Instant Pot is set to “Sealing.” Then cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes. After the cooktime, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
Once all the pressure is released, open lid and remove cooked pork chops.
Press”Cancel” on the Instant Pot and then select sauté. In a seperate bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp corn starch and 2 Tbsp water to create a corn starch slurry. Once the liquid in the instant Pot begins to bubble, add in your corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce. Allow it to boil for about one minute more. Press “Cancel” on your Instant Pot.
Serve pork chops covered with gravy. These are perfect with rice and vegetables. Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more Instant Pot dinner recipes? Try these:
Pin Instant Pot Pork Chops for Later
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Steak Sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Press the “Sauté” button, ensuring that it is set to “More.” Once the display says “Hot,” add the olive oil.
- Add seasoned pork chops and cook for about 3 minutes each side or until the sides are slightly browned. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add butter to Instant Pot and allow to melt. Add onion and bell peppers and stir. Add garlic and continue to stir until onions have softened, about two minutes.
- Deglaze by pouring chicken broth into the pot and stirring with a wooden spoon, making sure to get all bits and pieces from the bottom of the pot.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, hot sauce, ketchup, and thyme and stir.
- Add pork chops back into the pot, laying them on top of the liquid.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the valve to sealing. Press "Cancel" and then press "Pressure Cook" (or Manual) and set cooking time for 8 minutes on High Pressure.
- Once timer is done, allow the Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure from the pot and remove the lid.
- Press Cancel on the Instant Pot and remove the pork chops. Press “Sauté” on the Instant Pot and bring liquid to slight boil. In a separate bowl, create a thickener by whisking together 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water. Pour it into the liquid in the Instant Pot while stirring. Stir until thickened, about one minute.
- Pour the gravy over the pork chops and Enjoy 🙂