This delicious and easy Spiced Iced Sweet Tea recipe is perfect for the Holidays. Enjoy it as you celebrate the Holiday season. This post is sponsored by Southern Breeze but as always, all opinions are 100% mine.
‘Tis the season for spice and everything nice, especially this spiced iced sweet tea! I love this time of year. The Holidays seems to bring out all the joy in my bones as everyone is in the giving spirit and all the best desserts get baked around this time of year. It’s when bakers pull out all the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sometimes even the rum…yea ya’ll, I love me a good rum cake.
I’ll be honest though, we haven’t finished with our Christmas decorations. Lucky for me, hubby bought one of those flashing light tools that shine lights on the house rather than hanging lights so we aren’t at a total lost. We have a tree up, albeit doesn’t have decorations yet, and a really creepy elf has been creeping around the house moving about as we sleep. Other than that, our household is failing on showing our Holiday spirit.
I was able to bring a little Holiday spirit around the house by creating this Spiced Iced Sweet Tea recipe with two of my favorite spices, cinnamon and cloves, and Lemon Flavored Southern Breeze Sweet Tea.
This Spiced Sweet Iced Tea recipe comes together in a breeze and only requires 4 ingredients.
First, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. I don’t have a tea kettle so a good nice pot works fine for me. Place 2 Lemon flavored Southern Breeze Sweet tea tea bags in the water along with 1 tsp of whole cloves and 2 cinnamon sticks.
Allow to steep for 5-10 minutes. 5 minutes is recommended but I always get distracted and my tea bags end up staying around 10. Tea still good though.
Remove the tea bags from the water and transfer the tea to a pitcher, leaving the spices inside. They will sink to the bottom of your pitcher but they will continue to flavor your drink. Refrigerate until cold and serve over ice.
That’s it! Easy Peasy Right. I hope you and your family enjoy this Spiced Iced Sweet Tea Recipe and have a wonderful Holiday Season 🙂 I’m off to get some decorations for this tree of our ours 🙂
Notes on Spiced Iced Sweet Tea
- No need to add sugar to this recipe as Southern Breeze sweet tea contains sweetener in the bag along with the tea leaves.
- Southern Breeze Sweet Tea is zero calories and comes in a variety of flavors including Peach and Original. I used lemon for this but plan on experimenting with other flavors. Check out my recipe for Peach Sweet Tea using the peach flavor.
- In order to ensure that the flavors truly mend, add the cloves and cinnamon sticks when you are brewing and when you remove the tea bags. Allow them to stay in during cooling time but remove them once the drink is served.
- There is also a quick brew option for this sweet tea. Instructions are listed on the box.
Spice Iced Sweet Tea
- 2 qts water
- 2 Southern Breeze Lemon Flavored Teabags
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Bring 2 qts of water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add water, tea bags, cloves, cinnamon sticks to pitcher and brew for about 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and place pitcher in fridge until chilled. Serve over ice.