These Air Fryer Fajitas made with steak are a delicious addition to your Air Fryer meal rotation. Roasted peppers and onions with marinated steak pieces all made in one device, your Air Fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I’m a huge fan of making steak in my air fryer and I’m known for making it all kinds of ways in my Air Fryer. I’ve done ribeye to serve alongside fries and salad, steak kebabs in the air fryer, and now I present air fryer steak fajitas.
This is one of those recipes that have come in handy on out taco Tuesdays weeknights. Aside from the marinating, it’s quick and easy and clean up is a breeze. I’m sure it’s a recipe you’ll add to your dinner rotations as well.
How to make steak fajitas in your Air Fryer?
For my steak fajitas, I like to do a marinade rather than a dry rub. I like my steak pieces to be tender and full of flavor and I found that a marinade made with pineapple juice, lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, and other spices gave the best flavor. Also, pineapple juice is known to tenderize steak.
Add the marinade ingredients to steak that has been sliced against the grain. I use either flank steak or top sirloin, although I tend to prefer flank for this recipe. Flank is just pricier but either will work. Place your steak in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 2-4 hours.
When your ready to cook, remove your steak from the refrigerator. Slice your peppers and onions. Place in the air fryer on top of a piece of foil paper that is the size of your air fryer basket. Spray the vegetables with oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Close the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, stir the peppers and place the steak pieces on top of the peppers and onions, making sure they are evenly spread on top. Close the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
Open and stir and serve over tortillas with your favorite toppings. We usually stick with cheese, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and sour cream.
I hope you enjoy these steak fajita recipe as much as we do.
Looking for other Air Fryer Recipes? Try these out:
Pin Air Fryer Steak Fajita for Later
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs top sirloin or flank steak sliced against the grain
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pineapple juice, lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce,minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pour over steak and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place a piece of foil in air fryer basket, place peppers and onions in basket. Spray with oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Close and cook on 400 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add steak pieces on top of peppers. Close and cook on 400 degrees for 7 minute, or until steak is cooked to your liking.
- Serve on tortillas. Top woth your favorite fajita toppins, such as cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, etc.