These Air Fryer Pork Chops are moist, delicious, and full of amazing flavor. Learn the tips and tricks to making delicious juicy pork chops in your Air Fryer each and every time.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Pork chops are perfect for quick dinners, and cooking pork chops in an air fryer is ideal as they cook quickly.
I’ve done pork chops in my Air Fryer before; I made these thin Japanese Tonkatsu Pork Chops. I’m now sharing this herb-crusted pork chop recipe for thick and juicy chops.
When cooked properly, pork chops are moist and delicious and can be done in less than 20 minutes. The trick is not to cook them too long, as they will dry out.
I like to cook air fryer pork chops bone-in as the bone retains moisture and adds extra flavor to the finished dish.
Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- Thick-cut pork chops – about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick.
- Olive oil – A little oil added will help the pork chops brown, adding delicious flavor.
- Seasoning – Dried sage, dried thyme, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
First, remove your chops and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes to remove the chill. In a small bowl, combine the sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
Preheat your Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
While your Air Fryer is preheating, rub a little olive oil over the pork chops and sprinkle the herb mixture over the chops, covering all sides.
Place in the Air Fryer basket making sure the chops don’t overlap. If your air fryer is not large enough to hold all of them, cook them in batches.
Cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway. Pork chops are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove pork chops from the Air Fryer and loosely cover them with foil. Allow them to for about 5 minutes.
And there you have it, quick and delicious juicy pork chops.
There are a few tips I’d like to share before we dig into the recipe on how to become a pork chop cooking master.
- Get to know your air fryer – Air fryers cook differently based on shape, wattage, altitude, etc. The cook times listed below are for guidance, but your chops may need less or more cook time.
- Quality of the meat matters – I’ve had some pork chops cooked perfectly, but they did not taste good. It had nothing to do with the seasoning but the quality of the meat. I love the pork chops that come from Butcher Box, Hubby, and I agree they are the best pork chops we’ve ever had.
- Allow your pork chops to rest before placing them in the Air Fryer, it takes about 30 minutes to knock off the chill.
- Then, once cooked, allow the pork chops to rest under foil paper for about 5-10 minutes. It’s the same method I use in my Air Fryer steak recipe to ensure even cooking. Resting the meat allows the juices to be absorbed back into the meat and results in moist and tender pork chops.
- Invest in a quick-read thermometer to ensure your meat reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit and doesn’t go much over that. The reason why most pork chops become tough and dry is that they can easily be overcooked.
- I’ve used bone-in thick-cut pork chops, but this will work well with thinner chops, boneless pork chops, or a pork steak. Just ensure you adjust the cooking times accordingly.
- Pork works well with many spices, I’ve used paprika, but you can use any other ground spices you enjoy, like anise, cinnamon, coriander, or cumin.
- Add some chili heat with the addition of some chili powder or red pepper flakes to the marinade.
How to serve Air Fryer Pork Chops
I like serving potatoes and at least 2 other vegetable sides with these pork chops.
Air fryer pork chops and potatoes are a perfect combination, so try my Air Fryer Baked Potato or Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to regular potatoes; try my Mashed Sweet Potatoes or my Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes.
Here are some vegetable sides ideas; try my Sweet & Spicy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage, Air Fryer Asparagus, or my Kale and Brococoli Salad.
How to store leftover air fryer pork chops
To refrigerate: Keep any leftover pork chops in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Heat up the next day and warm the pork in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
To freeze: Once cooked and cooled, place any leftover pork chops into an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. As the pork is already cooked, it can be reheated from frozen in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When ready to enjoy, place the frozen chicken onto a baking sheet and place it in the oven for 30-40 minutes to reheat.
A pork chop takes 14-16 minutes to cook in the air fryer, flip over mid way through to ensure an even cook.
Yes, absolutely. I cook raw pork in the air fryer regularly. Make sure you place the pork in the basket in a single layer to ensure an even cook.
360 degrees Fahrenheit is my preferred temperature for cooking pork chops
The bone and fat in pork chops add great flavor to the pork and helps retain moisture, stopping the chops from drying out.
Looking for more Air Fryer Pork recipes? Try these out:
If you have tried this Air Fryer Pork Chop recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Perfect Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Combine the sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (182°C).
- While you Air Fryer is preheating, rub a little bit of olive oil over the pork chops and sprinkle the herb mixture over the chops, covering all sides.
- Place in Air Fryer basket making sure the chops don’t overlap.
- Cook on 360F degrees for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway. Pork chops are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove pork chops from the Air Fryer and loosely cover with foil. Allow them to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Cook times will vary depending on your Air Fryer model and the thickness of the pork chops.
- This recipe as shown uses thick center cut porkchops about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Thinner pork chops take about 10-12 minutes on 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
This post was originally published on September 24, 2019. It has been updated with additional helpful information.