This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken is covered in a sweet and spicy rub for a quick and easy appetizer. With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is easy, delicious, and a perfect delicious appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
I love making appetizers in my Air Fryer. Sometimes I’ll throw some already made frozen ones in there but most of the time I opt for homemade. Some of my favorite appetizer are my Crispy Korean Air Fried Chicken Wings and my Air Fried Copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Rolls.
Now I can add these Air Fried Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites to the list.
I first had these chicken bites when my Sister in Law brought them to our families annual Kwanza celebration. Everyone brought an appetizer (I brought buffalo chicken dip)and I could not keep my hands of these. She shared the recipe with me. Fast forward to now, where I am Air Fryer obsessed, and I decided to give them a go in my lovely Air Frying machine.
Only 5 Ingredients in this Air Fryer Recipe
This recipe uses only 5 ingredients and has only a 13-15 minute cooktime, depending on your brand of Air Fryer. There’s no need to even flip them. This is likely the easiest appetizer ever.
Cooking Bacon in the Air Fryer is something I do anyway so there is no suprise that this works great. There is no need to spray anything with oil in this recipe as bacon releases it’s own fat. Everything will cook to a nice delicious crisp. I have more information on Air Fryer Tips in this article 10 Air Fryer Tips Every Air Fryer Owner Should Know.
These can be made right in the Air Fryer basket but if your Air Fryer comes with a grill tray, I highly suggest it. It makes for easier clean up. I use this Phillips Air Fryer and this accompanying Grill Basket.
Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Place a piece of chicken on one end of a piece of bacon. Roll it up and secure each one with a toothpick.
- Combine brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and stir. Coat each piece of bacon wrapped chicken in this mixture and set aside.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken pieces in Air Fryer Basket, making sure they have space in between them. Close basket and cook at 390 Degrees Fahrenheit for 13-15 minutes.
Notes on Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- If you run out of bacon before chicken, just grab a few more pieces of bacon to finish.
- Cook these in batches if you cannot fit them all in the Air Fryer without overlapping them.
Suggested Tools for Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Step by Step Photos of Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken