This by far is the best banana bread recipe in the world. No lie, it truly is.
This post may contain affiliate links. My full disclosure is available here.
Let me explain. For years, I had been on the search for the best banana bread recipe in the world. I’d search the internet, find a recipe, try it out, and leave with the feeling of “meh.” Some were too crumbly. Others were too moist (Is that a thing?). A few had an off taste. While others had too many other ingredients other than banana. So for a while, I gave up my search for the perfect banana bread recipe and just settled on buying banana bread from Starbucks, which has some pretty good banana bread.
Fact is, banana bread is just one of those recipes that should get made often, especially if you buy a bunch of bananas. In our house, we never eat all the bananas on the bunch when I buy them. On grocery day, I’ll eat one, my daughter will eat one, and the rest in the bunch will sit lonely on the kitchen counter, turning brown, and sometimes even black. Oh the shame.
So one day, I decided enough is enough and I will tackle the search again for the best banana bread recipe in the world…and I found it.
I came across this recipe in Simply Recipes and decided to give it a go. It had almost 1,000 positive reviews. So although I love the recipe, I threw in a few changes.
Why this is the Best Banana Bread Recipe in the World
Not just because I say it is, but it is in fact delicious and it gets requested a ton by my family and extended family. There is enough banana taste yet the perfect amount of sweetness to this recipe.
It also has the perfect amount of moistness. Banana bread shouldn’t be too moist to the point of gummyness but it also shouldn’t be dry. There is a perfect balance and this recipe provides just that.
It does create one single 4×8 inch loaf pan that is perfect for eating immediatley or giving away to a loved one. Baking banana bread in a 4×8 loaf pan is a must in my opinion. It leads to the perfect portion size. Also, banana bread already takes near an hour to bake…Baking in a larger loaf pan would just take longer and won’t result in the perfect result.
In addition to having an amazing taste, it’s also super easy to make. I make everything in one bowl! No seperation on ingredients necessary in this banana bread recipe.
How to Make the Best Banana Bread Recipe in the WORLD
It’s simple. First you melt the butter in a large microwavable bowl. Add your other ingredients, and bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for about 1 hour.
Here’s to this delicious easy banana bread recipe. Hope you Enjoy 🙂
Looking for another way to use those leftover bananas? Try these Banana Fritters.
The Best Banana Bread recipe in the World
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3 ripe bananas peeled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 4x8 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Place butter in a large microwavable dish and place in microwave to melt. Use 30 second increments until butter is fully melted.
- Add in ripe bananas and mash with a fork, ensure that butter coats the bananas.
- Add baking soda, salt, brown sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and large egg to bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in the flour.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven on center rack for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Then place on cooling rack to allow to cool completely. Enjoy 🙂
Adapted from Simply Recipes.