This Instant Pot Cake recipe combines moist Carrot Cake and Creamy Delicious Cheesecake all in one dish. Now you can have the best of both worlds with this cake recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
FULL RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE RECIPE CARD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST. YOU CAN FIND IMPORTANT TIPS/TRICKS IN THE BLOG POST.
Happy Birthday to Me! I usually celebrate my birthday by going out to The Cheesecake Factory and having a wonderful dinner followed by a delicious slice of cheesecake. If you’ve ever been to the Cheesecake Factory, then you know that they have tons of cheesecakes on their menu.
My favorite cheesecake on the menu is the Carrot Cake Cheesecake. It’s moist carrot cake combined with delicious creamy cheesecake. It’s the best of both worlds!
I started to make this cake at home a few years ago and I would typically use the oven. Now I use my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker because I love it so much.
How to make Cake in an Instant Pot
When making a cake in your Instant Pot, you’re going to use a trivet or baking sling and pour your liquid in the bottom of the Instant Pot. It’s perfect for cakes that you want to keep moist.
Some brands of the Instant Pot have a cake setting for “baking” a cake. I tend to ignore the many fancy settings and stick with Manual or Pressure Cook setting.
You’ll want to cook this cake for 35 minutes of high pressure.Once your timer is up, let it natural release for 10 minutes and then release the remaining pressure.
Special Bakeware for Instant Pot Cake
If you have a 6QT Instant Pot, like I do, you will need a smaller pan to fit inside the instant pot. I use a 7-inch springform pan from this kit.
I also use a silicone bakeware sling to lower my cake pan into the Instant Pot. A foil sling could work as well but I decided to invest in this silicone sling and I’m so glad I did. Makes putting bakeware in and out of my Instant Pot so much easier.
If you choose to go the foil sling route, you can learn more about creating a foil sling here.
Tips for Instant Pot Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature prior to getting started. That’s the #1 rule in baking cakes and cheesecakes.
- Allow cheesecake to cool on counter for atleast 30 minutes before placing it into fridge for refrigeration.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, although overnight is best.
- Cover cake pan with foil before pressure cooking. That will help keep liquid off the top of your cheesecake. If liquid still gets on your cheesecake it will be perfectly fine.
- When layering this cake, make sure to start with the carrot cake layer first. That will act as your base for your cake. Make sure your top layer is the cream cheese batter.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Carrot Cake Cheesecake as much as we do. Until next time, Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more cake recipes? Try these out:
- Mini Carrot Rum Cakes
- Simple Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grapefruit Cake with Glaze
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
Pin Instant Pot Carrot Cake Cheesecake For Later
Instant Pot Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Grease a 7 inch springform pan, set aside.
- Prepare cheesecake batter by placing cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and flour in a medium sized bowl. Use a hand mixer and beat on medium speed until smooth. Then add your egg and vanilla and continue beating until blended. Set aside.
- Prepare cake batter by placing vegetable oil and sugar in a separate medium bowl. Use a hand mixer and beat on medium speed until blended. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add carrots, pineapple, and walnuts to bowl and fold into batter by mixing with a spatula.
- Pour about half of the the carrot cake mixture into the bottom of your greased springform pan, spreading it out so it covers the bottom of the pan. Then add cream cheese batter in the middle of the carrot cake batter. Lightly spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake mixture. Repeat these steps until all batter is in the springform pan, finishing with cream cheese layer on top.
- Cover springform pan with foil paper.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot. Add cake to Instant Pot on trivet or bakeware sling.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes, allow to natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake and allow to cool on counter, then transfer to fridge. Refrigerate 2-24 hours, the longer the better. Enjoy 🙂
Notes on Instant Pot Cake (Carrot Cake Cheesecake)
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning. This ensures that your cheesecake isn't lumpy.
- You can use this method in any electric pressure cooker, no need for a special cake button.
Tools used for Instant Pot Cake (Carrot Cake Cheesecake)
Step by Step photos of Instant Pot Carrot Cake Cheesecake