Delicious and easy Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites are the perfect easy and delicious treat. Mini chocolate cake stuffed with cookie dough and covered in an incredible chocolate ganache.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Chocolate and I should be best friends because I love a good slice of chocolate cake, a good fudgy brownie, and delicious s’mores. I also love my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, so it was about time I made a chocolate dessert in it.
After deciding to make this dessert, I figured it would be a wonderful idea to use my egg bite mold that I use to make my Instant Pot Egg Bites. I’m excited to find another delicious and yummy use for my egg bite mold.
Egg Bite Mold
I also added cookie dough to the mix so I could have the best of both worlds.
How to make Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
First, grab your cookie dough and make 7 equal sized balls. Place balls on a baking sheet and place in freezer for about 30 minutes, until they freeze. You can skip this step if you’re not a fuge fan of cookie dough.
Generously grease egg bite molds with butter and set aside.
Then whisk your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, use a mixer to mix to mix softened butter and white sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Add buttermilk and chocolate flour mixture to bowl and stir until fully incorporated and smooth.
Remove frozen cookie dough from freezer and place cookie dough balls in the egg molds, one per hole.
Add chocolate mixture into the holes, filling until the top.
Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Once timer goes off, quick release and open lid.
Remove sling from Pressure Cooker and allow cake bites to completely cool in the egg bites mold.
Once cooled, remove chocolate bites from mold by flipping it over.
Then it’s time to make your ganache. In a bowl, combine heavy cream and chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and whisk until smooth. Pour over tops of cookie dough bites and enjoy 🙂
Important Notes on Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
- To ensure your bites don’t stick to the bowl, use a generous amount of butter when greasing the bolds AND allow the mold to completely cool in the molds before removing. If not, they will stick and break apart. It’ll still taste good though.
- This cake creates a rich and moist chocolate cake.
Looking for more Instant Pot Desserts? Try these out:
Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Chocolate Cake Bites
- 4 oz Premade Cookie Dough
- 6 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Butter Softened
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Roll the balls of dough. Place in freezer for 30 minutes, or until frozen.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add flour mix and butter milk in batches until incorporated.
- Grease egg bite mold. Place cookie dough pieces in egg bite mold. Pour batter on top. Pour 1 cup of water in IPlace in IP on trivet. Cook in high pressure 12 minutes. Quick release. Remove. Allow to completely cool in the bites pan. Removing them too early will have them fall apart. Use a knife to loosen
- Make ganache. Add heavy cream and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute. Open and stir until chocolaty and smooth. Pour over bites. Enjoy 🙂