Create creamy grits and delicious crisp fish all in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker with Air Crisp.
The Ninja Foodi cooking system is truly living up to all the hype. I’ve made a lot in my little cooking system but this recipe is a true refelction on how you can make a delicious one pot meal all in the Foodi.
First, I made creamy grits all in the pressure cooker. No more constant stirring.
Then, I finished it off by air frying the fish while my grits were still in the pot.
I did all this while recording this handy dandy video.
As always, hope you enjoy this Ninja Foodi recipe.
Ninja Foodi Fish and Grits
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pieces tilapia fish
- 2 tsp blackened or cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil in a spray bottle
- Place chicken broth, heavy cream, grits, salt and butter in Ninja Foodi pressure cooker insert. Stir. Cover with pressure cooker cover. Make sure valve is set to “Seal.”
- Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes. Once 8 minutes is up, allow the Ninja Foodi to natural release for 10 minutes. Press cancel and release the remaining pressure by turning the valve to “Vent.”
- Meanwhile, season fish with blackened or cajun seasoning by first spraying the fish, then rubbing the seasoning into both sides of the fish.
- Once all pressure is released, open foodi and stir grits. Place a piece of heavy duty foil on top of the grits to cover. Lay the seasoned fish on top of the foil. Spray again with oil.
- Close the Air Crisp lid on the ninja foodi. Cook at 400 degrees Farenheit for 10 minutes or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve fish over grits and Enjoy 🙂
Notes for Ninja Foodi Fish and Grits
- You can sub other fish if you like.
- I used low sodium chicken broth and unsalted butter in this recipe so I can control the amount of salt I add to suit my taste.