This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I love black beans. I mean love love love black beans. I mean if I could have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner I would. Beans, beans, good for your heart…the more you eat, the more you…well, you know. My love for black beans is strong. My daughter loves back beans too. My hubby…well he claims he is allergic so black beans petty much are non-existent in my kitchen. Bummer.
When spring break for daughter came around, hubby went to work and daughter and I stayed home creating wonderful recipes during the day. So I decided to create this recipe one day and send him photos to make him jealous. It just seemed appropriate.
So here are the details of this beauty…
First, gather all your ingredients. Don’t mind the tablet in the photo, I like to catch up on my tv while I cook. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Next, chop 1 medium sweet potato, 1 medium sized onion, and 3 cloves garlic. Place in a baking dish and pour about 2 TBSP olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and peppa. Stir to coat veggies with oil and bake for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
While that is baking, chop 1 poblano pepper and 2 jalapeno peppers, making sure you remove the seeds. Seeds make it a little too spicy. I leave about 1 or 2.
Next, combine your peppers, 1 can of black beans (rinsed), 1 can of Mexican style diced tomatoes (drained), 2 tsp chili pepper, and 1/2 tsp ground cumin in a bowl and set aside.
Doesn’t that look so yummy already? Well it gets even better!
Once your potatoes are done, remove them from the oven.
Lay your tortilla chips on an 8×15 baking dish. Top with sweet potato and onion. Next, top with that beautiful black bean mixture. Next, top with 1 cup shredded cheese.
Place baking dish in the oven for about 5 minutes, until your cheese has melted.
All the yumms
Here’s the recipe to this sweet potato and black bean nachos. Perfect for my Vegan and Vegeterian friend. Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more meatless recipes? Try this Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Nachos
- Tortilla chips
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium sized sweet potato chopped
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 poblano pepper chopped with seeds removed
- 2 jalapeno pepper chopped with seeds removed
- 1 10 oz can of Mexican style diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Place sweet potato, onions, and garlic in a baking dish. Add
- olive oil and stir to combine. Salt & pepper to taste. Bake for 25
- minutes, or until sweet potato is tender.
- 3. Combine poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes, black beans,
- chilli powder, and cumin in a bowl. Set aside.
- 4. Place tortilla chips in a 8×10 baking dish, covering the entire dish. Top
- with sweet potato and onion mixture and black bean mixture.
- 5. Add shredded cheese to top and bake in oven for about 5 minutes, or until
- cheese has melted.
- 6. Enjoy!
Pin Sweet Potato and Black Bean Nachos for Later
If you like this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment or star review. 🙂