These Quick and Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs are delicious and ready in less than 10 minutes. It’s the BEST way to make hot dogs.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
I love a good hot dog but not all hot dog cooking methods are made the same. I’ve had them boiled, I’ve had them grilled, I’ve even had them microwaved. Regardless of how you prefer them, I promise you won’t want them any other way after you’ve Air Fried them.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs vs. Grill or Stovetop?
Air Frying hot dogs is so quick and easy and there are multiple reasons why you should do it:
- The hot dogs come out crispy on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside. If you time them just right in the Air Fryer, there is no need for fear that they will overcook and dry out.
- It’s super quick and easy. No need to preheat the Air Fryer like you would when it comes to firing up a grill.
- You can make a little or a lot. You can prepare hot dogs for the whole family or just throw one in there for yourself. Cook and prep time will remain the same.
- You can crisp both the hot dog and bun in one device.
How to cook hotdogs in an Air Fryer?
First, I like to cut small little slits in my hot dogs. This is not a required step at all, I like to do this to make hot dogs pretty and to mimic a grill line. When my hubby makes the hot dogs in the Air Fryer, he does not do this and it all works fine.
Then place your hot dogs in the Air Fryer basket. There is no need to spray or anything, the hot dogs won’t stick and will release their natural hot dog oils, whatever that is.
Close the Air Fryer basket and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes.
Remove the hot dogs and place them in your hot dog buns. Return hot dogs in bun and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 more minutes to get a nice crisp on your buns.
Remove and top them with your favorite toppings. Here’s a great list of hot dogs toppings to try or you can keep it simple with ketchup, mustard, and sauerkraut, which is my favorite.
I hope you love these hot dogs as much as we do.
If you’re looking for more quick and easy Air Fryer recipes, try these out:
The Easiest Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 1-6 Hot Dogs
- 1-6 Hot Dog Buns
- Place hot dogs in Air Fryer basket and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes. Remove hot dogs and place in buns. Place back in Air Fryer and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy 🙂
- Air Fryer
Notes on Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- This recipe works for traditional All beef or the hot chicken, beef, and pork combination hot dogs.
- Consider cutting small slits in your hot dogs for appearance. It is not a necessary step.
- Test your hot dogs around the 4 minute mark to see if there dark enough. Different Air Fryer wattages and sizes will cook hotdogs at different rates.