This watermelon martini combines the sweet, refreshing flavors of watermelon with an explosion of citrus from lime juice, served in a martini glass and garnished with a thin slice of watermelon. It’s the perfect summer cocktail! This post is intended for an audience 21 and over only.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I love the summer, especially the summer fruit and cocktails. So it was a must that I share this easy and delicious watermelon martini.
Made with the sweet and zesty combination of watermelon juice and schnapps, this is a cocktail that will surely impress your friends. With the vibrant hue of ripe watermelon, this watermelon martini cocktail is invigorating, light, and perfect for summer.
Watermelon Martini Recipe Ingredients
- Vodka – Just use a regular unflavored vodka for this recipe.
- Watermelon schnapps – I’ve used DeKuyper watermelon schanpps.
- Watermelon juice – Easy to make by adding watermelon chunks to a blender. Blend and then strain.
- Lime Juice – From fresh limes.
- Simple Syrup – A homemade mixture of simple syrups works great. You could also use store-bought simple syrup if you prefer.
- Ice cubes – These are only used in the cocktail shaker and are not to be served with the drink.
Tools needed for this recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glass
- Blender – for making watermelon juice.
How To Make A Watermelon Martini
Pour in the vodka, watermelon juice, watermelon schnapps, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Secure the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds, or until the outside of the shaker becomes frosty and cold.
Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a slice of a small watermelon. Serve immediately.
Watermelon Martini Recipe Variations
- Spicy Watermelon Martini – Add a slice or 2 of fresh muddled jalapeño to the cocktail.
- Watermelon Mint Martini – Add some fresh mint leaves to the cocktail.
- Watermelon Cucumber Martini – Sub 1 ounce of watermelon juice for cucumber juice.
How to keep your martini chilled
For a chilled cocktail glass you can either let it sit in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours. Or if you’re making a martini on the fly, simply add a couple of ice cubes to the glass while you prepare the drink. Dump out the ice cubes before adding the cocktail.
Keeping most of your ingredients chilled in the refrigerator will keep your martini cool longer. While it isn’t necessary to keep the ingredients in the fridge, if you know your drink doesn’t contain ice, it might be a good idea to chill them beforehand.
Delicious Food To Serve With Watermelon Martinis
Having a party and serving drinks? Enjoy some delicious snacks to go along with your martini!
Dip – This easy and cheesy queso dip is the perfect dip to go along with this martini.
Air Fryer Fried Pickles – The perfect quick appetizer to serve along with this drinks.
Fried chicken sliders – A tasty snack to enjoy with a martini. They are small sandwiches that you can hold in your hand.
Expert Tips for Martini
These tips will help you make the best Watermelon Martini recipe you’ve ever tried.
- If you don’t have a shaker, you can combine all of the ingredients in a glass filled with ice and stir until well combined.
- This cocktail is best served immediately, but it can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, add the ice and stir well.
- Serving more people, no problem. Increase the recipe and prepare in a large jug rather than a cocktail shaker.
- If buying a whole watermelon, make sure to pick a watermelon that is ripe and sweet.
- Before beginning, ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in a cocktail shaker with ice. This not only chills the drink but allows its flavors to mingle into one delicious cocktail.
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Try these out:
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz watermelon juice
- 4 oz watermelon schnapps
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- Watermelon slice garnish
- Pour in the vodka, watermelon juice, watermelon schnapps, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Secure the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds, or until the outside of the shaker becomes frosty and cold.
- Strain the mixture into two chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of small watermelon. Serve immediately.
- Before beginning, thoroughly mix the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. This chills the drink and allows its flavors to mingle into one delicious cocktail.
- This drink recipe makes two cocktails. If you prefer one, cut the ingredients in half.