These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They are the perfect side dish to prepare in your Air Fryer that will be ready in less than an hour.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Air Fryers are most known for making amazing french fries. It’s the very reason why I bought my first air fryer. But over the years I realized that the Air Fryer was great at making potatoes all kinds of ways and when I discovered that I could use the air fryer to bake my potatoes, it was life-changing.
It’s faster than the oven and the air fryer gets those potato skins so darn crispy.
Before you start to Bake Your Potatoes, you’ll want to make sure of the following:
- Your potatoes need to be equal size if you want them to cook at the same time. In this recipe, I used four medium-sized russet potatoes.
- For the crispiest potatoes, you’ll want to use a little bit of oil rubbed on the outside of the potato. If you choose not to use oil, the skins of the potato may be leathery rather than crispy.
- You don’t need to parboil, poke, wrap in foil, or do anything with the potato before air frying. It’s literally as easy as rubbing it with oil and placing it in the air fryer.
- Do season the outside of the potato with a little kosher salt. It tastes amazing.
How to make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
First, wash and scrub your potatoes. You can use a potato brush to get in all the nooks and crannies of your potato or use your hand. Then make sure your potatoes are completely dry.
Rub the outside of the potato with olive oil and sprinkle it with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until potato is soft on the inside. I usually stick a metal kebab through the center of mine to check for doneness.
Top your potato with your favorite baked potato toppings.
And there you have it. Perfect baked potatoes made in your Air Fryer.
Looking for other air fryer vegetable recipes? Try these out:
Looking for recipes to serve with your baked potatoes?
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Chili
- Air Fryer Marinated Salmon
- Instant Pot Salmon with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and scrub your russet potatoes. Dry them thoroughly.
- Rub the outside of the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the Air Fryer basket and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until a fork easily slides into the baked potato.
- Remove and top with your favorite toppings.
- Cooking times may need to be adjusted for smaller or larger potatoes.
- Cook time and temperature will be the same for 1 or more potatoes.