These Sweet and Spicy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are perfectly cooked in your Air Fryer. Toss them in a Korean Gochujang sauce for the perfect vegetable side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
I’m a sucker for a good roasted veggie, especially brussels sprouts. My mother in law always prepares a pan of roasted brussels sprouts for Thanksgiving and I’m always the first in line to grab a bunch. Inspired by her recipe, I decided to make my brussels sprouts in the air fryer and add my own little Korean inspired sauce to them.
I love making Asian foods in my Air Fryer, like this Healthier General Tso’s Chicken in the Air fryer and this Crispy Korean Air Fried Chicken Wings. It was just natural that I would follow the same path when it came to these brussels.
How to buy and prepare brussels sprouts?
I like to use fresh brussels sprouts for roasting, not frozen. If I can find brussels sprouts on the vine, I buy those. But usually I can’t, so I just pick up the fresh brussels sprouts in my supermarket.
You’ll also want to make sure you thoroughly wash and dry your sprouts before air frying. Here’s a great guide on how to pick and prepare brussels sprouts.
How do you cook brussels sprouts in the Air Fryer?
When cooking brussels sprouts in the Air fryer, you want to cook it a lower temperature of 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. I find that this is the best temperature to allow your brussels sprouts to get tender on the inside and develop a nice crisp on the outside. If you want your brussels sprouts even crispier, bump the heat up to 390 degrees Fahrenheit at the end for an additional 5 minutes.
This recipe for brussels sprouts can be modified if you choose to have brussels sprouts without the korean gochujang sauce. I would advice still using oil. I use a little bit of oil on all of my air fried vegetables to give them that nice crisp. I’ve got this info and more in my 10 Air Fryer tips every owner should know post.
I hope you enjoy this Air Brussels Sprouts recipe as much as we do. Until next time…
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes? Try these out:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Marinated Air Fryer Salmon
- Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- Crispy Air Fryer Fish
- Air Fryer Thin Boneless Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob (Mexican Street Style)
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
Pin Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts for Later
Sweet and Spicy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Combine honey, vegetable oil, gochujang, and salt in a bowl and stir. Set aside about 1 Tbsp of the sauce. Add brussels spouts to bowl and stir until all sprouts are fully covered.
- Place your brussels sprouts in your Air Fryer, ensuring that they are not overlapping, and cook at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Set aside the bowl.
- Once 15 minutes is up, increase temperature to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 5 more minutes. When sprouts are done, place in bowl and cover with reserved sauce and stir. Enjoy.
Notes on Sweets and Spicy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- This recipe was prepared in a Phillips Air Fryer. Cook time and temperature may have to be slighly modified for different air fryer brands.
Sunday 5th of March 2023
Made these last night. Amazing. So yum. So easy. Thank you!
Monday 6th of March 2023
Thanks so much Susan :)
Friday 28th of January 2022
You hit it out of the park with this one, Tanya! This was an amazing way to make Brussels sprouts-thank you!
Monday 31st of January 2022
Thanks so much Laura!
Eric Sims Jr.
Saturday 4th of December 2021
Delicious!!! Thank you!!
Alphonse J Rotter Jr
Tuesday 12th of October 2021
what in the world is gochujang? how do I make it or bye it?
Wednesday 13th of October 2021
Hi Alphonse, it's a spicy Korean chili paste. I get mine from my local Asian market but they sell it online too.
Saturday 6th of June 2020
Just got my first air fryer and had Brussels sprouts to use. So glad I found this recipe! The sprouts were perfectly crispy on the outside while tender in the center. And the sauce...wow! Perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Can’t wait to try more of your air fryer recipes. Thanks!
Saturday 6th of June 2020
Thank you Megan :) So glad you liked the recipe.