When it comes to S’mores, you don’t need a campfire when you have an Air Fryer. Here’s how to make Indoor S’mores in an Air Fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I love easy desserts, especially when they involve chocolate. From brownies to hot chocolate, to cookies with chocolate in them…Chocolate is my weakness. Now when you add Graham Crackers and a large roasted marshmallow…I’m in Bliss!
Yes, my friends, I’m talking about delicious s’mores. The favorite campfire treat involves roasting large marshmallows over an open fire and them smashing between two graham crackers and a piece of milk chocolate.
I have days when I’m craving this campfire dessert. But in no way am I going outdoors to create fire to roast two marshmallows. That’s when these air fryer smores come into play! These now become indoor s’mores that are ready in less than 5 minutes. Melty chocolate and golden brown marshmallows make this a delicious treat.
How to make S’mores Indoors in an Air fryer
First, grab a few Graham Crackers and snap them in half, and lay them in the bottom of your air fryer basket. For this recipe, I used my Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer to make these s’mores. I also made them in my Phillips Avance XL Air Fryer and I found that my graham crackers moved around a bit. My guess is that the fan in my Phillips is very strong.
Then, grab one medium-sized marshmallow and break it in half. Then add these marshmallow halves to the graham crackers, placing the sticky side of the marshmallow on the graham crackers. This hack allows the marshmallows to stick to the graham crackers and won’t blow away during the air cooking cycle.
Close the Air Fryer and air fry at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. I found that in my Ninja Foodi, I have to cook around 7 minutes to get a nice roast on the marshmallow but it’s only about 5 minutes in my Phillips. I’d recommend checking for brownness after 2-3 minutes.
Once your marshmallows are nice and roasted, place a piece of chocolate on top, followed by the other side of the Graham cracker.
The warmth of the marshmallow will melt the chocolate. Take a bite and enjoy 🙂
What should I do if my marshmallows fall off my s’mores?
Depending on our air fryer brand, you may notice that the marshmallows may slide off the graham crackers a bit. Just simply place the marshmallows back on the graham cracker and continue roasting.
What’s the best chocolate to use for s’mores?
I like to use a plain milk chocolate bar for my s’mores but the possibilities are endless. You can use dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even mini chocolate chips.
What are the best crackers to use?
This is a base recipe and any kind of sweet crackers will work. Graham crackers or honey graham crackers, thin ginger snap cookies, or think sugar cookies are an amazing twist on classic smores.
Can I line my air fryer with foil or parchment paper when making smores?
Sure! I don’t find this recipe messy so I usually lay my crackers right in the basket. However, a liner can help just in case your marshmallows move around when cooking.
Notes on Air Fryer S’mores
- Different brands and sizes of Air Fryers cook differently. Some marshmallows will roast quicker than others depending on the air fryer. I recommend checking your s’mores after 2 minutes. They are done when the tops are a nice brown color.
- We made these by adding the chocolate before the air frying cycle and after. My 10-year-old taste tester and I decided that the chocolate was best added after as it they became gooey air fryer smores. Adding them before would sometimes burn the cholate and make the chocolate bitter.
- Keep a close eye on the s’mores so the marshmallows don’t get too crisp.
- Lay the s’mores in a single layer so they don’t overlap. This ensures all your marshmallows will get roasted.
- Most air fryer baskets will be large enough to make 2 smores. If using an air fryer tray, you will be able to add more s’mores at a time.
Pin Air Fryer S’mores for Later
If you like this s’mores recipe, check out my Air Fryer Brownies, Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugared Pecans, or these Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes made in the air fryer.
Watch this video tutorial and see how I make these s’mores from start to finish.
Super Easy Air Fryer S’mores
- 2 Graham Crackers broken in half
- 2 marshmallows broken in half
- 2 small pieces of chocolate
- Place Graham cracker halves in bottom of Air fryer.
- Take sticky side of broken marshmallow and place it on the Graham Cracker, pushing down a little so it sticks to the cracker.
- Close Air Fryer and cook on 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes, or until the tops of the marshmallows are a nice golden color.
- Once done, add a piece of chocolate on top of the marshmallows, followed by the other half of the graham cracker. Enjoy :)
- Overall cook time will change depending on the air fryer size and model. Check on s’mores after about 2-3 minutes.
- Please make sure to break marshmallows in half and place the sticky side on the graham cracker so the marshmallows don’t fly off. It’ll be the glue you need to stop them from flying around.
- These S’mores were made in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Saturday 23rd of July 2022
Unfortunately, nothing about this recipe worked. The marshmallows toasted completely after 2 minutes. 7 minutes would have caused them to burn to a crisp. Also, the marshmallows fell right off of the Graham crackers and made a huge mess in our air fryer. Lastly, the bottom graham cracker became soggy when in the air fryer. I'd recommend just microwaving the marshmallows alone and preventing a huge mess.
Wednesday 20th of January 2021
Do not do 390 for 7 mins in a ninja Foodi my marshmallows are over toasted and melted into the bottom of the pan and the gram crackers are BURNT! I was trying to get rid of my left over gram crackers and marshmallows so I cannot post the correct temp.
Tuesday 1st of June 2021
@CC, It makes difference which model Ninja Foodi you have. It can be a bit confusing. The author used the Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer combo, but there are quite a few Foodi appliances. I use the Ninja Foodi Grill, and it only took maybe 3 minutes at 390F. I also had to put both halves of the marshmallow on each piece of graham cracker to keep it from blowing around. Keep checking it, just like you do when broiling in an oven. I also ended up with baked-on mallow, but a 20 minute soak in Dawn dish soap water and it all melted right off.
Thursday 13th of May 2021
@CC, same thing happened to me but I only did 5 minutes with the Ninja. Very burned cracker
Wednesday 7th of October 2020
Ladies...TOOTHPICKS Keeps the marshmallows from blowing around. I used my instant vortex plus they took about 3 minutes to become golden brown on 380 I think. You never fail me girl!!! Keep recipes coming my way!
Tuesday 23rd of June 2020
These are AMAZING! I just got a Pampered Chef air fryer and have made these twice this week...dangerous for the waistline! I put both halves of the marshmallow on each graham cracker and they didn't budge. Mine is the toaster oven design.i just saw today they have square marshmallows...gonna have to try with those!
Tuesday 23rd of June 2020
Thank you Stephanie! Now I need to find these square marshmallows lol
Friday 5th of June 2020
My air fryer runs hot (cuisinart toaster/air fryer) so they burned first attempt. But second round I just watched them. Used regular sized whole mallows and they did not blow. Then just put chocolate and top graham and let sit a min. Ooey, gooey messy deliciousness.
Friday 5th of June 2020
So glad they worked out for you Janis. Such messy deliciousness. I'll have a video coming out soon of me making them in the air fryer as well :)