These Air Fryer Brownies are perfect for when you want a small batch of delicious brownies and don’t want to turn on the oven. They are made from scratch and are the perfect mix between fudgy and cakey brownies.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Chocolate. It’s my weakness. And if I could, I would make a huge batch of brownies and eat the whole pan to myself. But society tells me that’s a bad idea. Thanks to my Air Fryer, I can make a small batch of brownies suitable for 4 (I’ll share with hubby and the kids) that won’t heat up the entire house. That’s where these brownies in the Air Fryer come in handy.
After making S’mores on my Air Fryer, I was hooked on creating simple and easy dessert recipes in my Air Fryer. These brownies are so simple yet delicious and they can be made in one bowl.
When it comes to baking in your Air Fryer, you will need the following guideline:
- Use smaller tools. 7-inch pans or smaller come in handy when baking in the Air Fryer. Certain Air Fryer Accessory kits have smaller pans for baking.
- Reduce the temperature and time for baking in the Air Fryer. The general rule of thumb is to reduce by 30 degrees and cut time by 20%. These tips and others can be found in my Air Fryer Tips and Tricks post.
- Cut recipes in half. Since Air Fryers are smaller than your oven, trying to convert an entire cake or brownie recipe may not work. Cut it in half should ensure that your baked goods get baked perfectly.
How to make Air Fryer Brownies
First, prepare your 7-inch baking pan by generously greasing with butter on the bottom and all sides. Set aside.
Preheat your Air Fryer by setting the temperature to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and allowing it to run for about 5 minutes while you prepare your brownie batter.
Add your all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, melted butter, sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract into a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Your batter should be thick.
Add it to the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top.
Place in your preheated Air Fryer and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the center comes out mostly clean.
Remove and allow to cool in the pan before removing and cutting.
You can add in your favorite nuts before baking if you like. The kids don’t generally like them so i usually leave them out. But 1/4 cup of walnuts added to this brownie mixture is a dream come true.
You could check out this recipe if you prefer to make air fryer brownies from a box.
I hope you enjoy this brownie recipe as much as we do.
Other air fryer dessert recipes to try?
Easy Air Fryer Brownies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- prepare your 7-inch baking pan by generously greasing with butter on the bottom and all sides. Set aside.
- Preheat your Air Fryer by setting the temperature to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and allowing it to run for about 5 minutes while you prepare your brownie batter.
- Add your all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, butter, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add it to the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Place in your preheated Air Fryer and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove and allow to cool in the pan before removing and cutting.
- Various Air Fryer models will bake at different rates so some bake times may vary. The bake time as provided is a guideline.
- This brownie recipe was baked in a Phillips Starfish Technology XL Air Fryer.