This Shrimp and Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe is made with fresh baby spinach, avocado, and tomatoes and topped with perfectly seasoned shrimp and crispy bacon with a red wine vinaigrette on top.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
It’s the middle of summer which means more light dinners. That means more salad for our household. This salad has quickly become a favorite as it’s full of flavor and fresh ingredients. Who doesn’t love a salad that has beautiful flavorful plump shrimp and crispy bacon?
This recipe is an adaptation of an Applebee’s salad that appears on their menu. The first time I made this recipe, I skipped the bacon and avocado and opted for walnuts instead. It was good but the addition of bacon just takes this salad over the top. I also add avocado because it’s amazing and fits right in with the other ingredients of this recipe.
I top this salad with a homemade vinaigrette for the perfect weeknight meal or lunch.
How to make Shrimp and Bacon Spinach Salad
First prepare your seasoned vinaigrette. I add red wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil in a small mason jar and shake vigorously to combine. Using a mason jar is such an easy way to create salad dressings and I can store leftover dressing in the same jar.
Set aside vinaigrette to prepare the other ingredients.
Next, season your clean peeled and deveined shrimp with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, sugar, smoked paprika, sage, onion powder and set aside.
Next, grab a salad bowl and place baby spinach, red onion, tomato, and avocado and toss until combined. Set aside.
Grab a cold skillet and place your bacon in the skillet and cook over medium heat. You’ll want to cook your bacon until its crisp on both sides. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
Remove excess bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about 2 Tbsp in the skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and cook on medium-high heat until both sides are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Place bacon and shrimp on top and serve with prepared vinaigrette. Enjoy 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- This salad is perfect for making ahead. Just store the salad portion, the salad dressing, and the shrimp and bacon separately. Reheat shrimp and bacon when ready to serve.
- If bacon isn’t your thing, omit it. I’ve subbed walnuts instead before and it was still delicious.
Wanting more salad recipes? Try these out:
- Kale and Broccoli Salad with Sweet and Sour Dressing
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Sweet Chili Thai Cucumber Salad
- Cranberry Pecan Apple Salad Recipe
Watch this video tutorial and see how I make this Spinach Salad from start to finish.
Shrimp and Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 slices Bacon
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Sage
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado pitted and chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- Add red wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a small mason jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Next, season your clean peeled and deveined shrimp with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ground sage, onion powder, smoked paprika, and sugar. Set aside.
- Next, grab a salad bowl and place spinach, red onion, tomato, and avocado and toss until combined. Set aside.
- Grab a cold skillet and place your bacon in the skillet and cook over medium heat, flipping halfway, until it's crisp on both sides. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Remove excess bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about 2 Tbsp in the skillet. Add shrimp to skillet and cook on medium-high heat until both sides are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place bacon and shrimp on top of salad and serve with prepared vinaigrette.
- This would be a great salad for meal prep.
Friday 10th of July 2020
I do not like sage can I substitute or avoid altogether
Friday 10th of July 2020
Hi Sandra, Thyme is a good sub in this recipe for the sage.
Sunday 22nd of March 2020
Omg this is so good I made it for me & my husband & I will be making it for a lot more from now on it is so delicious my husband even loved it...its a keeper ...thanks so much for the recipe .
Monday 23rd of March 2020
Awesome! So glad you liked it :)
Tuesday 2nd of July 2019
Love the easy shrimp and combination of flavors! I even make this for meal prep.
Tuesday 2nd of July 2019
You can't beat shrimp, bacon and avocado together. This recipe is a keeper!