This Air Fryer Roasted Turkey Breast is juicy and moist and so easy to make. Use bone-in or boneless turkey breast to make this beautiful golden roasted turkey in less than an hour.
This post contains affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving. It’s available year-round and is perfect for times when you get tired of simple roasted chicken. The turkey breast in the air fryer is perfect for the times you:
- Don’t want to turn on the oven to roast a small turkey breast.
- Don’t feel like taking the extra step of brining the turkey.
- Want to have a turkey on the table in less than an hour.
- Love your Air Fryer so much that you make any and everything in it (this is me, this is me!)
This recipe works for bone-in or boneless turkey breast and requires no brining.
How to cook a bone-in turkey breast in an air fryer
First, you want to make sure you have a fully defrosted turkey breast that will fit in your Air Fryer basket. Some of those bone-in breasts are huge and literally won’t fit in your everyday basket air fryer. I go for a breast that is 4lbs or less. I use my 5.3 Qt Air Fryer basket to cook my bone-in breast.
Rub mayonnaise and seasonings all over the turkey breast. I also season under the skin.
Preheat your Air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. I lay my bone-in turkey breast on the side and cook for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, I open the air fryer basket and flip it and cook it for an additional 25 minutes. Your turkey breast is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit on a quick read thermometer.
Allow your turkey breast to cool on a cutting board for a few 5-10 minutes before slicing.
How to cook a 3lb Boneless Turkey Breast
My boneless turkey breast generally has a net around the meat. I like to keep the net on the meat so that the meat cooks together and slices better after cooking. If you choose to remove the net before cooking, your turkey breast will cook faster.
Preheat your Air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Season your turkey breast. Air fry on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes. I find that my boneless breast takes a little longer than bone-in because of the way it is wrapped in the netting. Use a quick read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Allow your turkey breast to cool on a cutting board for a few 5-10 minutes and remove the net before slicing.
- I use defrosted turkey breast so I can properly season it and have the seasonings stick to the meat. You can also choose to dry brine it and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. I usually just season and get to cooking.
- I choose mayonnaise to coat the breast because I like the taste and the golden color it gives my breast. You could opt for a reduced amount of oil instead.
- I like to use this turkey breast for meal prep for sandwiches and wraps for the week.
- If making the boneless breast, be careful when removing the netting. Some meat may stick to the netting when removing.
I hope you enjoy this Air Fryer Turkey Breast as much as we do.
If you’re looking for more Air Fryer meat recipes, try these out:
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Breast
If you need ideas of what to serve this with, try these:
Air Fryer Turkey Breast (Bone-In or Boneless)
Bone-In Turkey Breast
Bone-In Turkey Breast
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season turkey breast with mayonnaise, poultry seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Place turkey breast in the air fryer basket on its side. Cook on one side for 25 minutes, flip, cook on the other side for 25 minutes or until internal temperature has reached a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Boneless Turkey Breast
- Preheat your Air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season your boneless turkey breast with mayonnaise, poultry seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Air fry on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes or until internal temperature has reached a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.