This homemade poultry seasoning recipe is a pantry staple and it’s so easy to make on your own. It’s the perfect blend of spices to use in your favorite turkey, chicken, or stuffing recipe.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
If you strolled down your spice aisle in your grocery store, you’ve probably come across poultry seasoning. It’s basically a blend of vibrant herbs and a little spice combined to make the perfect spice combo for poultry.
I recall the first time I saw poultry seasoning in my local grocery store. I was intrigued and bought a bit to put on some turkey legs.I had no clue what would happen to those turkey legs but I quickly realized that poultry seasoning was a little magical when used right.
What is in poultry seasoning?
Poultry seasoning is a salt free seasoning composed of the following ingredients:
- Black pepper
It’s highly likely that you already have all these ingredients in your cupboard. If you don’t, you should be able to easily find them at your local grocery store.
How to make it?
Combine the spices in a bowl and stir to make sure they are fully incorporated. Use them in your favorite recipe that calls for poultry seasoning or be creative. Store poultry seasoning in a small jar or spice container in a cool, dry, and dark cupboard. It will last about 2-3 years with proper storage.
How to use it?
You’ll find a ton of reasons to use poultry seasoning especially this Holiday season. I love it on roasted turkey and smothered chicken. It’s also amazing in stuffing.
When using this seasoning, a little goes a long way. I tend to use about 1-2 Tablespoons in most recipes. Also, other spices added to poultry seasoning are great in bringing out the flavor in your favorite poultry recipes.
- This is a salt free seasoning. Therefore, you’ll want to make sure your dish has a tiny bit of salt to bring out the flavor of the seasoning.
- You’ll want to ensure whatever spices you aren’t old. Ground spices are good in the cupboard for 1-3 years. To test if a spice is fresh or not, rub the spices between your fingers and sniff. You should be able to tell if they are still fresh if they are fragrant. How long spices last truly depends on the spice and storage.
I hope you enjoy this homemade seasoning as much as we do. Looking for more homemade spice recipes? Try these out:
Looking for recipes to use with this poultry seasoning? Try this one out:
Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon ground sage
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 Tablespoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine spices. Store in airtight jar for up to 2-3 years.