These Air Fryer Meatballs are full of flavor and a perfect addition to your weeknight meals. Make them from fresh or frozen in your Air Fryer in less than 15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclaimer here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Meatballs have quickly become a favorite in our household. Not only because they are cute little balls full of flavor, but because they are so versatile when it comes to getting a quick dinner on the table.
I first developed this recipe on a weeknight where I had less than 30 minutes to get dinner on the table before heading out for a night of fun with friends. I was stumped on what to make and lucky for me, all the ingredients were in the fridge.
This recipe makes a good bit of meatballs, so I recommend using the amounts as recommended and freezing the rest for later. That’s what I do. Then, when you’re in need of meatballs, you can just grab a bunch and cook them from frozen right in you Air Fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Meatballs
First, place onion, garlic cloves, and parsley in a mini food processor and process until finely chopped. I highly recommend this step to avoid huge chunks of onion, garlic, or parsley in your meatballs. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to use your knife skills and finely chop these ingredients.
Then grab a big bowl and add your ground beef, ground pork, beaten egg, the chopped onion mixture, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and feta cheese. Use your hands and mix the ingredients until combined.
I recommend using your hands to mix the meat. It helps so that you don’t overmix the meat. Rumor is that overmixing the meat can lead to tough meatballs.
Once combined, take about 2 Tbsp of meat and roll it into balls.
Place meatballs in your Air Fryer basket, making sure there is space in between each meatball. I’m able to fit 16 meatballs in my 5.3 qt air fryer.
Cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
And that’s it. Delicious meatballs that are nice and juicy on the inside with the perfect crisp on the outside.
What about frozen meatballs?
This recipe makes a ton of meatballs, which I like so we can freeze the leftovers for another meal.
In order to freeze the extra meatballs, after rolling them, place the raw meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure that they aren’t touching. Place in freezer and allow to freeze until they are frozen, about 1 hour. Then remove and place them in a ziplock bag and place them back in the freezer.
When you’re ready to cook the meatballs from frozen, just place them directly in the Air Fryer basket. You’ll need to increase the cook time by a few minutes. I cook frozen meatballs for 14-15 minutes on 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
For this meatball recipe, I like to either eat the meatballs as is for a nice appetizer or try this instant pot spaghetti recipe.
- It’s best to have the meatballs separated in the Air Fryer for the best results. If they are on top of each other, they won’t get that nice crisp on the outside. If you need to make a ton of meatballs at once, I recommend cooking in batches or placing the meatballs in the oven instead.
- Have fun with these meatballs! I welcome and love when my readers adapt my recipes to suit their taste. Some recommend changes are:
- Turkey rather than beef or pork
- Parmesan cheese rather than feta
- Surround the meatball around a small piece of mozzarella cheese to get that oozy cheese once you bite in.
Looking for more easy meat recipes to try for dinner? Try these out:
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup parsley roughly chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Worchestire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine onion, garlic cloves, and parsley in a mini food processor. Process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place ground beef, ground pork, onion mixture, eggs, breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, feta cheese, Worchestire sauce, salt and black pepper. Use hands to mix until combined.
- Grab 2 Tbsp of meat mixture and will into a ball. Repeat with the meat mixture to all meatballs are rolled.
- Place meatballs in Air fryer basket in single layer making sure the meatballs don’t touch. Place basket in Air Fryer and cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until a internal temperature reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Feel free to motify the ingredients to your favorite meatball recipe. The ease and short cook time of the meatballs is most important.
- Invest in a quick read meat thermometer to ensure your meatballs are cooked to the right temperature.