If you’re a fan of adding a little zing to your meals, you’re in for a treat! Spicy mayonnaise is the perfect condiment to elevate your sandwiches, burgers, fries, and so much more.
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
Making your own spicy mayo is a breeze, and once you do, you’ll never want to go back to plain old mayo again! With just a few simple ingredients and a little creativity, you can elevate your meals to a whole new level of flavor.
Spread or drizzle spicy mayo on sushi or sushi bowls, burgers, as a dip for soft pretzels, french fries, or steamed shrimp. Remember to experiment with different hot sauces and find the right balance for your taste buds.
- Mayonnaise – Use whichever regular mayo you’re used to for this recipe, just make sure it’s fresh and not nearing its expiration date.
- Hot sauce – I use a medium-hot hot sauce (Texas Pete) for this recipe. You can use Sriracha hot sauce for spicy Japanese mayo. For more heat, add more sriracha or hot sauce of your choosing.
- Spices – A combination of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. For another level of flavor, use my cajun seasoning blend to elevate my spicy mayo recipe.
Tools needed for this recipe
- Small mixing bowl
- Storage container
How To Make Spicy Mayonnaise
Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and stir until fully combined.
Spread the spicy mayonnaise on the top of your bread for burgers or sandwiches.
How to store spicy mayonnaise
Store your spicy mayo in the refrigerator at all times. The cold temperature helps maintain its freshness and prolongs its shelf life.
Homemade spicy mayo can be refrigerated for up to 1 week, while store-bought versions usually have a longer shelf life due to more preservatives. Be sure to check the expiration date if you’re using a pre-made mayo as the base.
The versatility of spicy mayo makes it a go-to condiment for a range of dishes. Here are some delicious serving suggestions.
- Burgers: Slather spicy mayo on a light turkey burger, or a juicy steamed cheeseburger.
- Spicy Fries: Dip your crispy air fryer french fries into this spicy mayo sauce.
- Seafood Sauce: Mix spicy mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice to create a zesty dipping sauce for shrimp, crab cakes, or drizzle over air fryer tilapia.
- Spicy Tacos: Drizzle spicy mayo over your favorite tacos for a burst of flavor. You can try my air fryer fish tacos, fried chicken tacos, creamy chicken, and ground turkey tacos!
- Veggie Dip: Use it as a dip for fresh vegetables like celery, carrots, and bell peppers.
Absolutely! Swap out regular mayonnaise for a vegan mayo alternative to create a delectable vegan-friendly spicy mayo.
If your spicy mayo is too hot for your liking, you can tone down the spice by adding a little more mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar to balance the flavors.
Freezing mayonnaise is not recommended as it can alter the texture and taste. It’s best enjoyed fresh from the fridge.
- You can adjust the heat by choosing a hotter chili pepper or hot sauce. I use Texas Pete hot sauce, which is medium hot.
Looking for more sauce recipes? Try these out:
- The Easiest Buffalo Sauce (5 Ingredients)
- Homemade Browning Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce (Best Ever!)
- Homemade Remoulade Sauce
- Homemade Horseradish Sauce
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Spicy Mayonnaise Recipe
- Add mayonnaise, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Spread the spicy mayonnaise on the top of your bread for burgers or sandwiches.