These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are air fried for a healthier version of the breaded KFC wedges. No worry about deep frying with the Air Fryer around.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
Full Recipe/Instructions are available in the
recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can find important tips/tricks in the
I’m so excited to share this Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe with you all. After many test, I finally figured out how to make the perfect KFC copycat wedges in your air fryer.
If you’ve been following my blog journey from week to week, you’ll notice that I’m obsessed with my Air Fryer. I bought it when I was pregnant because I was craving french fries. My first air fryer recipe shared here was this Air Fryer General Tso Chicken Recipe.
Now, I currently own 3 Air Fryers because I love them so much.
Ok, so back to these wedges. I’m a huge fan of breaded fries. Like the kind they serve at KFC and the gas stations that serve fried chicken. Yes ya’all, gas stations in North Carolina throw down on some fried chicken and wedges.
These wedges take a little more effort than traditional potato wedges but it’s so worth it in the end.
How to make these Breaded Air Fryer Potato Wedges
First, grab two equally sized Russet potatoes. Then, you’ll cut them into equal sized wedges. Here’s a good graph on how to cut potato wedges. Make sure the wedges are of similar size so they cook evenly.
Then whisk your egg and milk in a medium sized bowl. Place your potato wedges in the bowl and coat them with the mixture. Set aside.
Next, in another medium bowl, combine your flour, seasoning salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a bowl and stir until combined.
Next, take your potato wedges and coat them in the flour mixture, making sure all sides are covered. Shake off any excess flour.
Once your wedges are coated, it’s time to place them in the Air Fryer basket. Spray the bottom of the Air Fryer basket with oil so your wedges won’t stick. Then lay them in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
Then spray your air fryer wedges to cover any flour spots.
Close the air Fryer and set the temperature to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes. After 11 minutes, open your Air Fryer. If you see any spots of flour on these side of the wedges, spray them with oil. Then, flip your wedges and spray this side with oil. Close the air fryer and cook for the remaining 11 minutes.
And done 🙂 Once this batch of wedges is done, repeat until all your potato wedges are cooked.
And there you have it. Delicous golden breaded potato wedges just like KFC and the gas station 🙂
Like these wedges in your air Fryer? Try these Air Fryer recipes.
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Steak Kebabs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Jamaican Jerk Pork
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
If you’re looking for Air Fryer tips and tricks, check out my Air Fryer Tips and Tricks.
Pin Air Fryer Potato Wedges for Later
Air Fryer Potato Wedges (KFC Copycat)
- Wash and dry Russet potatoes. Cut into wedges, set aside.
- Whisk egg and milk in a large bowl. Toss russet potatoes in egg mixture until potatoes are fully covered. Set aside.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Take a russet potato wedge out of the egg mixture and place it in the flour mixture, coating all sides. Shake off any excess flour. Place wedge on the bottom of a greased Air Fryer basket.
- Repeat with the remaining wedges, making sure the wedges are in a single layer on the bottom of the basket.
- Spray the wedges with oil, covering any flour spots.
- Close the Air Fryer basket and cook the wedges on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 11 minutes. Open basket, spray any flour spots that you see on the wedges, then flip the wedges. Spray this side of the wedges. Close the Air Fryer basket and cook for 11 more minutes.
- Serve wedges with ketchup and enjoy 🙂
Notes on Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- I recommend that you cook these wedges in batches. You can add all the wedges in at the same time but it would require for you to turn the wedges every five minutes or so with a silicone tongs. For best results, laying the wedges in a single layer is suggested.
- I suggest you serve these wedges with ketchup.