These crispy delicious pork carnitas are made in the Ninja Foodi in less than 1 hour. Pressure cook them to tender and crisp them up all in one device.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
I recently became the owner of a Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker with Air Crisper. What’s that you ask? It’s a magical device that Ninja has bestowed upon us. It’s a pressure cooker. It’s an air fryer. It’s a pressure cooker and an air fryer all combined in one device.
I’ll be doing a full and thorough review on the Ninja Foodie soon. Until then, I’ve been testing it out on different recipes to see if it really works as expected.
- Chicken Wings from frozen
- Chicken pot pie
- A whole roasted chicken (twice)
- And this pork carnita recipe
All of these have turned out wonderful. I wanted to go ahead and post this pork carnita recipe as it was one of my main determining factors of making the purchase.
I was in the market for a second pressure cooker and this one caught my eye. I love cooking meats in my pressure cooker but sometimes I want that extra crisp. I could always use my pressure cooker and then place my meat in the air fryer or oven…but if I can get it all done in one place, then why not.
Will the Ninja Foodi replace my Instant Pot and Air Fryer?
For me personally, it won’t…but it’s staying for sure. I’m not in love with the Air Fryer basket on the Ninja Foodi as there is no long handle.
I wanted two pressure cookers anyway and my Instant Pot does a mighty good job on pressure cooking, so I’ll keep it too.
Ninja Foodi Pork Carnita Recipe
Of all the recipes I’ve made thus far, this is already one of my favorites. I love making shredded pork for multiple uses…tacos, burritos, rice bowl, sandwiches, etc.
I usually make it in a slow cooker or my pressure cooker but I always have to transfer the pork to the oven to really get it crisp. That’s an entire day of cooking…which I don’t have much time for.
This Ninja Foodi method allowed me to get it all done in less than an hour.
Here’s the video of me making this recipe in full. I’ll be making some more Ninja Foodi recipes to share as well. As always, Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more Ninja Foodi Recipes? Try these out:
Pin Ninja Foodi Recipe: Pork Carnitas for Later
Ninja Foodi Recipe: Crispy Pork Carnitas
- 2 lbs pork butt chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 orange cut in half
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place pork, salt, oregano, and cumin in Ninja Foodi pressure cook insert. Combine making sure the seasonings are covering the pork.
- Take the orange and squeeze the juices over the pork. Put the squeezed orange in the insert, along with the onion, garlic cloves, and ½ cup chicken broth.
- Cover the Ninja Foodi with the pressure cooker cover, ensuring the valve is set to seal. Set the Ninja Foodi to High Pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minute timer is complete, do a quick release by switching the valve to vent. Once all the pressure is released, open the lid and remove the orange, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Set the Ninja Foodi to satué and select md:hi. The liquid will begin to simmer. Allow the liquid to cook until it reduces, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the majority of the liquid has reduced, press stop on the Ninja Foodi and then close the Ninja Foodi Air Crisp lid.
- Select Broil and adjust the time to 8 minutes.
- Once complete, use the crispy delicious meat in tacos, bowls, sandwiches, wraps, etc. Top with cilantro or any of your favorite toppings.