These Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are a delicious healthy snack that can easily be made in your Air Fryer. Pair it with a delicious herb dip for a real treat.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.
With summer here, zucchini is in abundance and I am thrilled. I love using zucchini in different recipes like this zucchini mushroom chicken. I’m also a huge fan of zucchini fritters which I used to make on the stove top. Now that I’m an air fryer addict, I make these fritters in the air fryer for easier clean up and a healthier option.
These fritters made in the Air fryer are crispy on the outside yet nice and soft on the inside. Thanks to the Air Fryer, there is no need for grease popping with this recipe.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
First, you’ll want to prepare your zucchini by cutting off the ends and by using the large scales of a box grater to grate the zucchini.
Place grated zucchini in a large bowl and add 1 Tbsp of kosher salt to the bowl and toss the zucchini. Let it sit for 10 minutes. This not only seasons the zucchini with salt, it also helps release the excess water.
After 10 minutes, use a good quality paper towel or clean dish towel and squeeze the excess water from the zucchini until the zucchini is dry. Place dried zucchini in a bowl.
Add egg, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper to bowl and stir to combine.
Place a parchment liner in your Air Fryer basket and place the fritter mixture in the Air Fryer, making sure they don’t touch. Lightly spray the fritters with oil.
Close Air Fryer and cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, flipping and then spraying fritters halfway.
While fritters are cooking, you can prepare the dipping sauce by combining greek yogurt, chopped herbs, lemon juice, and salt.
Once done, remove fritters from Air Fryer and serve with dip. Enjoy 🙂
Optional add ins:
- Parmesan cheese
- Kernels of corn
- Feta Cheese
Looking for more Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes? Try these out:
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Wash, dry, and cut off the ends of zucchini. Use large scale side of a box grater to grate the zucchini.
- Add 1 Tbsp of salt and stir it into the grated zucchini. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dip by combine greek yogurt or sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and chopped herbs to a bowl. Set aside.
- After 10 minutes, use a good quality paper towel to squeeze excess water our of zucchini until it is dry. Place in a clean and dry bowl.
- Add egg, all-purpose flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper to zucchini and stir.
- Place a parchment liner in the Air Fryer basket or grease it with oil to avoid sticking. Place zucchini mixture on the paper liner by the spoonful, about 1 inch apart. Lightly spray with oil.
- Close Air Fryer and cook on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, flipping and spraying halfway through.
- Parchment paper liners are optional and are recommended to avoid fritters from sticking to the basket. If using the liners, please make sure to add fritters on top of the liner to avoid the liner from flying up into the basket.
- Cooktime will vary depending on the Air Fryer model and size.
- Oil suggested can be canola, vegetable, olive oil, etc.
- Herb dip not included in nutritional information calculation.